Unpopular Opinions for Everything Else

CaptainSyrup

Legendary Thief
Coins
trap music is a bunch of fucking shit and it ruined rap
I can agree with that to an extent. Hell, I'm not even sure that's an unpopular opinion, just because trap's popular music don't mean nobody would agree.

Me myself, I find there's some trap music I enjoy, which I'd argue that's a bit of an unpopular opinion in some ways. Idk man, Cardi B's got some ok songs, I genuinely enjoy "I Like It" in particular. Janelle Monae is one of the best hip hop artists out there right now, and she made one of the best damn albums of 2018 imo. But yeah, as a whole it's a pretty stale and repetitive genre, by far not my preferred sort of music. And that's coming from someone who has a very high tolerance for music in general

LarioWand

DungstonUni
Coins
I can agree with that to an extent. Hell, I'm not even sure that's an unpopular opinion, just because trap's popular music don't mean nobody would agree.

Me myself, I find there's some trap music I enjoy, which I'd argue that's a bit of an unpopular opinion in some ways. Idk man, Cardi B's got some ok songs, I genuinely enjoy "I Like It" in particular. Janelle Monae is one of the best hip hop artists out there right now, and she made one of the best damn albums of 2018 imo. But yeah, as a whole it's a pretty stale and repetitive genre, by far not my preferred sort of music. And that's coming from someone who has a very high tolerance for music in general
I find people my age range don't listen to anything BUT trap and are actually dismissive of music that isn't new or popular. As for the people (like me) who dismiss trap, I think they have many valid reasons to hate it. It turned rap into some sort of mumbling talking thing with a total lack of rhythm and meter, which is what good rap is all about, in my opinion. I have no problem with rap and electronic, especially when it's done well (e.g. De la Soul) , but trap removes ALL the effort and creativity of these genres and reduces it to douchey teenagers mumbling over cheap ripped off beats.

I.e., anyone can be a trap "artist", it's removed skill and talent AND humility from hip hop/rap. Lyrics don't mean anything now :/

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
User Name Style Change
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
User Title Style Change
I despise the focus on social media and influencer esque fame nowadays.

Then again, my general opinion is that sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc have ruined internet discourse, caused divisions in society and put too much focus on likes and ratings.