Unpopular Opinions for Everything Else

trap music is a bunch of fucking shit and it ruined rap
I can agree with that to an extent. Hell, I'm not even sure that's an unpopular opinion, just because trap's popular music don't mean nobody would agree.

Me myself, I find there's some trap music I enjoy, which I'd argue that's a bit of an unpopular opinion in some ways. Idk man, Cardi B's got some ok songs, I genuinely enjoy "I Like It" in particular. Janelle Monae is one of the best hip hop artists out there right now, and she made one of the best damn albums of 2018 imo. But yeah, as a whole it's a pretty stale and repetitive genre, by far not my preferred sort of music. And that's coming from someone who has a very high tolerance for music in general

I can agree with that to an extent. Hell, I'm not even sure that's an unpopular opinion, just because trap's popular music don't mean nobody would agree.

Me myself, I find there's some trap music I enjoy, which I'd argue that's a bit of an unpopular opinion in some ways. Idk man, Cardi B's got some ok songs, I genuinely enjoy "I Like It" in particular. Janelle Monae is one of the best hip hop artists out there right now, and she made one of the best damn albums of 2018 imo. But yeah, as a whole it's a pretty stale and repetitive genre, by far not my preferred sort of music. And that's coming from someone who has a very high tolerance for music in general

I find people my age range don't listen to anything BUT trap and are actually dismissive of music that isn't new or popular. As for the people (like me) who dismiss trap, I think they have many valid reasons to hate it. It turned rap into some sort of mumbling talking thing with a total lack of rhythm and meter, which is what good rap is all about, in my opinion. I have no problem with rap and electronic, especially when it's done well (e.g. De la Soul) , but trap removes ALL the effort and creativity of these genres and reduces it to douchey teenagers mumbling over cheap ripped off beats.

I.e., anyone can be a trap "artist", it's removed skill and talent AND humility from hip hop/rap. Lyrics don't mean anything now :/

Though I don't like bugs i find Mothra kinda cute

I despise the focus on social media and influencer esque fame nowadays.

Then again, my general opinion is that sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc have ruined internet discourse, caused divisions in society and put too much focus on likes and ratings.

Here are multiple others I came up with, so I will dump then all at once:

• Generally speaking, I don't like mixed alcoholic drinks. I prefer my spirits and liqeurs neat; that is, pure rather than mixed. (And mostly without ice cubes either.) Granted, there are some cocktails that I like, Pina Colada for example, but most of the time I consider mixed drinks to be a waste of drinks that are already excellent on their own. Seeing people carelessly throwing the finest rum or whisky in a mix can aggravate me a bit.

• I don't get why so many women will colour their hair. If they want to attract attention by giving their hair an unnatural color like blue, then I understand that it's just to be distinctive and to give off a striking appearance. But I don't get all those other, natural colour dyes. I may appear to them as special or fashionable, but since everyone can dye their hair in a jiffy if they want to, and such colurs are often prescribed by the current fashion, I ain't that special at all. If everone just had their natural hair colour, there would be much more variation in hair colours, and ''more for everyone'', so to speak.

• Somewhat similar, mostly don't get the use of tanning. I can imagine people wanting to have a complexion that matches the season, but I don't agree that tanned / brown automatically makes more attractive or beautiful. And that's without having mentioned the possible dangers of sunburn or skin cancer. I do sometimes engage in sunbathing too, but that's for health benefits and pleasure, not to enchange my appearance. You might say that I think people often look the best when they look like themselves.

We can talk semantics until our tongues fall out, but I have no interest. My view is that human societies have been unnatural for centuries, the effects of which I suspect are irreversible, and, even considered solely from a selfish perspective, contribute to our species' pervasive unease.

Potentially political but not really opinion:

It's probably a bad idea to glorify vigilantism as much as fiction seems to do at the moment. One of the reasons a legal system exists is because people realised that having everyone take the law/justice into their own hands was/is a bad idea.

Other non political ones:

Electric cars will be better for most people than public transport, and people dislike the latter for a good reason.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with suburbs, small towns, country living etc. They all appeal to different types of people, and that's fine.

Sometimes batteries are more convenient than chargers. Especially giving how much time we seem to spend charging things now.

Social media is a complete waste of time, and I feel more and more depressed upon reading through it.

Sometimes batteries are more convenient than chargers. Especially giving how much time we seem to spend charging things now.

Maybe, but when it comes to handhelds I prefer built-in batteries. Thank goodness for the GBA SP making this a standard for Nintendo ever since.
Same for me with TV remote controls. Why can't we have remotes with standardised charging stations?

Social media is a complete waste of time, and I feel more and more depressed upon reading through it.

Not to mention that sites like Twitter and especially Facebook have limited their freedom of expression over the years, and now serve a political agenda which they don't even bother much to hide anymore. Anything that strains too far from what is prescribed by big tech companies like Google is likely to face problems on such sites, if not outright banning them, usually for a vaguely described accusation of ''hate speech''. It seems like they use this trick for everything that they rather don't want on their sites, even if it isn't actual hate speech or such at all.

a vaguely described accusation of ''hate speech''. It seems like they use this trick for everything that they rather don't want on their sites, even if it isn't actual hate speech or such at all.
I feel like the idea of giving something that is intended to refer to the shit said by that blonde cunt on Fat Albert who ran the Double Cross club. People like to take the terms "hate speech" and "racism" and completely destroy all meaning they once had by turning them into cheap ways to "win", so to speak, against anyone who would dare oppose them.
I think, the reason why the world is so depressed as a whole, seemingly, is because people know too much about how other people think. It's like that one screaming black girl talking about how "college isn't about learning, it's about creating a home". It's clear she thinks she's being some kind of hero giving a The Reason You Suck speech, but to anybody with sense she's some dumb cunt shrieking about fucking stupid bullshit.
I hate it when other people yell (...like my goddamn brother right this fucking second, for example) because it fucks with my retard ears.
It either makes me really angry or really want to cry, depending on the context. I always feel this immediate need to take action so the noise will stop (think "mother hears baby crying" levels of ape brain urgency, only for everything that has a diaphragm with which to scream), and in this case, I would not have minded one iota if someone slammed a shovel into that afro and made her eat sidewalk.
It's people like that which remind me of why I decided to live under a rock in the first place. The inherent problem with equal opportunity is right there in the name: everyone has their own little soap box. Unfortunately, we're stuck in a position where we can't shove the stupid fucker down.

Anyways, I think if you made a conscious effort to be less like The Model Citizen seen in 'how to follow current events' videos, you would be happier I almost guarantee. ...Calling back to that ecosystem thing from a few posts ago, I think it's safe to say a lot of people would easily fall prey to your average alligator, but it's even safer to say that there are certain neanderthals whom the rest of the group would unanimously agree should be pushed over the side of the boat to buy time in the event of the alligator(s) gaining on them.

Back