Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Mario is better for the cute and memorable mascot. His short tubby little body, stereotypical voice and red outfit are great for a mascot. Hes easy to like and not all in your face and edgy : p I like Luigi too and all,, but hes not as memorable as Mario. Hes awesome for a clunky sidekick, though : p

I understand why people would like him more, I often like the underdog too : p And green is a pretty cool color : p

I don't care about Pokemon Sun and Moon. I know graphics don't matter that much as long as the game is good, but Sun and Moon doesn't look any better than X and Y and the graphics are well..... unpleasant to look at. Shouldn't have they touched up on the graphics at least a little? Instead of fixing 3D, they disabled it altogether. How lazy is that?
A lot of the new pokemon are 'ultra beasts' which don't even look like pokemon. The gameplay is just the same-old same-old, except without gyms. I was kind of looking forward to the alolan forms, but only around ten gen 1 pokemon are getting them. They ruined Persian's alolan form. They also ruined Litten's final evo! Why must they ruin the cat pokemons' evolutions? d:eek:
And the demo? It was boring, and they don't let you use pokemon you catch in the demo.

Nope, not buying. Game Freak screwed up too much this time.

Edit: I also read about people having frame rate issues in the demo on the old 3ds.

Last edited:
To be fair, Sun and Moon actually has a better presentation than XY. But it doesn't matter because the bar has been set so low. Pokemon is just a crappy game series. HUGE franchise... but just a sorry game series.

To be fair, Sun and Moon actually has a better presentation than XY. But it doesn't matter because the bar has been set so low. Pokemon is just a crappy game series. HUGE franchise... but just a sorry game series.

Everyone says the graphics were improved, but I don't see it. It felt like I was playing Pokemon X when playing the demo. With that said, I can forgive the graphics if the new Pokemon game was improved in some way. It isn't. Maybe I just got bored of Pokemon and it's actually better than Pokemon X?

I mean, graphically it doesn't loom any better... but the menus and interface look a lot better. I think the new one proportions go a long way and the camera angles seem to be better than the weird crap in XY.

It's still a game that's worse than it's predecessors... which is bad that the series hasn't evolved in the past 20 years... only just got more bloated and simpler.

Superman 64 is a great game.

Never played Superman 64, but I applaud your bravery. I mean, I thought I was asking for trouble when I mentioned how I'm a lifelong Bubsy fan, but the difference is, people really liked the original Bubsy game (back in the day, not nowadays), while everyone seems to hate Superman 64 with no questions asked. I'd like to try it out someday, just from curiosity. Do you find it easy to play on a real N64?

Last edited:
Uh....Ive never actually played it myself, I just posted that to see what reactions Id get, as most people call it the worst game ever made : p

But, I actually did once want to get it and try it myself. I will say it looks bad, though, due to the fact that every other level is fly through the rings. I think the biggest thing I hate in video games (and I cant express how much I hate this), is like when you are forced to do something over and over again until you luck out and get it right.
I think it completely ruins a game, it removes you from the fantasy of the game and just reminds you that youre working to make a little digital whatever move across the screen properly, which is not fun at all : p So I guess Im glad I never tried it, as I cant stand that in video games : p

I have played many games that arent liked by most people that I do love, though : p Aidyn Chronicles being one of them, its actually not well liked, but its one of my all time favorite games.

Superman 64 is one of the worst games to exist. There's a TAS of it and it lasts over an hour. It's all just pretty much flying through rings, then doing an easy-looking mission that's made difficult due to the controls, then back to rings. The rings start to move after a while and become harder to fly through. Most of the game takes place on the same map and there are no npcs during ring missions. The game is so lifeless.
Around every 20 minutes or so in the TAS, there's a mission that takes place in a different map, but the frame rate suffers in it and the TAS glitches through the walls like it's nothing.
I had to skip through half the TAS because the rings nearly put me to sleep (I was tired).

I thought ET was supposed to be the worst game

ET might be poor, but it is completely misunderstood. The game was made by a respected designer, but Atari only gave him a couple of weeks to get something done from start to finish. It's essentially an incomplete game that backfired on Atari, since they promoted it to hell and back, then forced the unfinished product on the public at the height of the ET movie hype.

Atari were absolutely horrible with deadlines and the creative process. Their corrupt history should be read about by more people.

I wonder if Superman 64 had a strict deadline or a low budget or something.

Superman 64 is very different. It was made by Titus, who were pretty notorious for making lousy licensed games (their Blues Brothers games are a great example). They did make a few classics in their earlier days, like Prehistorik and Titus the Fox. They also published some excellent games (publish, not develop), but whenever I saw their logo on a licensed game as a kid, I expected something shoddy.
titus-logo.png

Shadow the Hedgehog is under rated.
Some of the criticism the game gets is pretty valid except that its not a true sonic game, it is supposed to be different because its not a sonic game its a shadow game. I also think the gun mechanic, its not mandatory but it helps and i like that, i also think that the vehicles are a welcome edition. my only real problem is the shitty story and the "open endedness".

Wait, Shadow is underrated? Really? I though he was well loved as a character! I personally really like him and I love his game!

Back