Video Game Crushes

Midna-Twilight-Princess-twilight-princess-19802141-410-715.jpg

omgnoseblud <3

Pffft it could at least be her normal sized version.

When I was 5-ish, I liked Flora from Tak & the Power of Juju (though she reappeared along with her sister in the 2nd & 3rd games as well). Then when I was about 10 or so I fuckin' adored Tetra from the Wind Waker. These days I don't know if I have one at all.
...well, horrendous hairstyle aside I can safely say I prefer Fauna over Flora these days (and I definitely wouldn't have minded if they gave her a more similar hairstyle, especially considering they're twins), if only for her personality, since Flora is still cuter physically. The two of them approach helping Tak with his quest with different mindsets, as Tak 2's cutscenes show, but the one in Hotfoot Springs is what put me on Team Fauna.

1549573882361.png

Tak 3 had different writers than Tak 1 & 2, I'm pretty sure, since most of the returning Juju Spirits had their characters... simplified, so to speak-- Flora & Fauna's was when I noticed, though. Having just played 2 before that, the difference in personality was actually somewhat jarring -- making Fauna seem so bitter was where they messed it up. She wasn't actually bitter in the second game-- quite the opposite in fact: she got angry and jeering because of a conflicting viewpoint-- it's kind of childish, sure, but that's human instinct, and animals are all about instinct, and she's pretty much the patron saint of animals. She thought Flora's way of approaching the help situation was incredibly square of her, and about as helpful as a textbook (which makes sense, since Flora was kind of like Navi in the 1st one) and since Flora took this approach every time, it would only make sense that Fauna could come off as being generally hateful to those who haven't replayed the game a shit-ton like I have. She's actually quite shy towards Tak himself-- she never actually addresses him directly, and generally doesn't speak to begin with until goaded into it by something Flora says.
Of course, the glare of this problem was minimized by the increased focus on building the Tak/Lok working together dynamic-- obviously, you wouldn't have to focus on the back & forth between Tak and the Juju he meets on his journey, not like you would for Tak 1 & 2, where he's by himself.

This concludes my miniature Fauna character study/where they buggered it up ramble.

Attachments

• Fauna.png
    Fauna.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 448
  • 1549572084668.png
    1549572084668.png
    104 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Jacqui Briggs (Mortal Kombat)

Young Cricket (WarioWare)

And I had past ones, Pit (Kid Icarus), D and Z (Crystal Story II online game.) But kinda dropped these and others I can’t remember.

When I was 5-ish, I liked Flora from Tak & the Power of Juju (though she reappeared along with her sister in the 2nd & 3rd games as well). Then when I was about 10 or so I fuckin' adored Tetra from the Wind Waker. These days I don't know if I have one at all.
...well, horrendous hairstyle aside I can safely say I prefer Fauna over Flora these days (and I definitely wouldn't have minded if they gave her a more similar hairstyle, especially considering they're twins), if only for her personality, since Flora is still cuter physically. The two of them approach helping Tak with his quest with different mindsets, as Tak 2's cutscenes show, but the one in Hotfoot Springs is what put me on Team Fauna.

Oh yeah, and then there are these two, Stonecrusher and... uh, the other one. Whatever; the Grammazons.
GrammAzons.2.jpg

In the world of Tak, these girls are a bit of an anomaly, in the sense that they have more realistic body proportions, and are also total babes. As far as sex appeal goes, these two go waaaay above Flora/Fauna. (As seen here, the white-fading-into-blue-haired one has a diff. hairstyle in the concept art-- one which I prefer, but understand it would've been hell to program on PS2.)

And once you get to this point in the game...
You realize that the hair color gradients are because they're old. Which means, they pretty much spend their entire lifespans looking as sexy as the day they turned 18, holy shit.

Attachments

• Grammazons.png
    Grammazons.png
    443 KB · Views: 645
  • grammazons - stonecrusher and the other one.png
    grammazons - stonecrusher and the other one.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 346
Quite a number, though I'll have to think a bit about it and then make a 2nd post or something.

The biggest one as a kid was Princess Peach. I'd always flaunt it at school and my friends would make fun of me lol. I even had an autistic fantasy world that I'd visit every night instead of sleeping (by this I mean that I'd talk to myself every night and my mom would hear me and think I was mental) where I was married to Princess Peach! Now I lean a bit more towards Rosalina (although that has definitely been a bit subdued due to how much Nintendo has overplayed her lately), but I still stand by my opinion that Peach is pretty cute, especially in Mario Sunshine with the ponytail.
latest

Saria from Zelda... is a child, so forget what I was saying (then again, I'm not technically an adult I suppose...) For a less weird one I'd have to go with adult Malon. Horse girls really trample my green pasture if ya know what i'm sayin' ;)
il_570xN.1337321899_gxye.jpg

And then for Wario characters, my namesake is definitely somewhere up there, no denying that.

Like I said, I need to think about some others before I list them, so I'll be back.

Quite a number, though I'll have to think a bit about it and then make a 2nd post or something.

The biggest one as a kid was Princess Peach. I'd always flaunt it at school and my friends would make fun of me lol. I even had an autistic fantasy world that I'd visit every night instead of sleeping (by this I mean that I'd talk to myself every night and my mom would hear me and think I was mental) where I was married to Princess Peach! Now I lean a bit more towards Rosalina (although that has definitely been a bit subdued due to how much Nintendo has overplayed her lately), but I still stand by my opinion that Peach is pretty cute, especially in Mario Sunshine with the ponytail.
latest

Saria from Zelda... is a child, so forget what I was saying (then again, I'm not technically an adult I suppose...) For a less weird one I'd have to go with adult Malon. Horse girls really trample my green pasture if ya know what i'm sayin' ;)
il_570xN.1337321899_gxye.jpg

And then for Wario characters, my namesake is definitely somewhere up there, no denying that.

Like I said, I need to think about some others before I list them, so I'll be back.

Oh shit, I forgot to log in lol. Well, now you know who the 3rd character is!

The biggest one as a kid was Princess Peach. I'd always flaunt it at school and my friends would make fun of me lol. I even had an autistic fantasy world that I'd visit every night instead of sleeping (by this I mean that I'd talk to myself every night and my mom would hear me and think I was mental) where I was married to Princess Peach!

Haha, I remember having similar fantasies when I went through my ¨Peach phase¨, but instead of creating an imaginary world I just pretended in my mind that I was Mario.

Back