Wario Interviews/Development stuff repository

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Profile Music
Uh oh? I thought the game did really well and a Switch WarioWare would be a literal dream come true, especially since I finally have one.
The game did decent but not huge numbers in Japan considering its context of release. Its western performance (which doesn't appear to have been great based on the available data points) and how much the decision-makers value it is the big ?

It's Pizza Time

KAŽDÁ ŽENA JE KRÁSNÁ
Coins
Coins
Orbulon
Custom Post Background
Profile Music
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
Well I'm sure a lot of that can be attributed to how it was released on the very tail end of the 3DS' life and a Switch release would be a huge hit! I think if anything, Gold shows that people still have interest in the series.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
User Name Style Change
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
User Title Style Change
Honestly, doing decent numbers in Japan is probably better than how most late gen 3DS games did.

I mean, it probably did better than the Luigi's Mansion remake, and certainly did better than the second Dillon's Rolling Western game, Ever Oasis, the Mario & Luigi remakes, Metroid Prime Federation Force, etc.

mikera

Legendary Thief
Coins
Coins
Nintendo finally should confirm the Wario Land VB remake. In july we will be 12 years without a new Wario Land entry. There are so many WarioWare games on modern consoles... it's really time for a new Wario Land adventure. The Wario Land games are very old.

Just a Wario Fan

The Garlic Devourer™
Coins
Coins
Fancy Lamp
Magic Lamp
User Name Style Change
Username Change
CD
Nintendo finally should confirm the Wario Land VB remake. In july we will be 12 years without a new Wario Land entry. There are so many WarioWare games on modern consoles... it's really time for a new Wario Land adventure. The Wario Land games are very old.
Indeed. Wario Land has been ignored for well over a decade now, and Virtual Boy Wario Land is definitely a game that more people ought to play.
But to be honest, I would be happy with anything Wario Land related right now.

It's Pizza Time

KAŽDÁ ŽENA JE KRÁSNÁ
Coins
Coins
Orbulon
Custom Post Background
Profile Music
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
I definitely would love to play VB Wario Land, it looks so great. It's a shame that the Switch doesn't have a traditional Virtual Console meaning that we might not even see any classic Land games on there for a while, if at all.