Wario Land 3 Monopoly - idea revival. (Now a Tabletop Simulator project)

So, a long time ago, I had this idea for a Wario Land 3 Monopoly.
Nothing much came out of it, althought several of you loves the idea.
But now I'm interested in giving this project another ago. It's just that instead of a physical board game, I would make a mod for Tabletop Simulator, so that anyone who owns the game could play it digitally.

Is anyone still interested in this?
Cuz I am interested in making this.

So far, I'm trying to find a better Blank Board to fill in with properties.
As well as thinking about slightly changing the board layout.
And I'm not entierly sure if I really want to go with just screenshots of the levels like I did in the past. I feel like custom art would make the game more origional.

@ShyGuyXXL would you be interested in making custom art for it?

Hasn't Hashbro got a template? I feel like I head you can make your own board through them

So here's the planned layout of properties:

Brown 1: The Stagnant Swamp.
Brown 2: The Colossal Hole.

Cyan 1: The Tidal Coast
Cyan 2: Bank Of The Wild River
Cyan 3: Beneath The Waves

Pink 1: Sea Turtle Rocks
Pink 2: The Pool of Rain
Pink 3: The Steep Canyon

Orange 1: The Vast Plain
Orange 2: The Grasslands
Orange 3: Out of the Woods

Red 1: Above The Clouds
Red 2: The Frigid Sea
Red 3: The Warped Void

Yellow 1: The Big Bridge
Yellow 2: The Peaceful Village 3
Yellow 3: A Town In Chaos

Green 1: Desert Ruins
Green 2: Castle Of Illusions
Green 3: Tower of Revival

Blue 1: The Volcano
Blue 2: The Temple

Notice there is no Forest of Fear here.
My idea is to place it in the space of Free Parking, but instead of being a property, it would be a "you got lost, so lose next turn".
So that way, Forest of Fear would be right next to Out Of The Woods, and still be in the game, just not as a property.

For the Railroads, my plan is to use the four colored keys, and the utilities be Golf Tower and Soccer Field.

So here's the planned layout of properties:

Brown 1: The Stagnant Swamp.
Brown 2: The Colossal Hole.

Cyan 1: The Tidal Coast
Cyan 2: Bank Of The Wild River
Cyan 3: Beneath The Waves

Pink 1: Sea Turtle Rocks
Pink 2: The Pool of Rain
Pink 3: The Steep Canyon

Orange 1: The Vast Plain
Orange 2: The Grasslands
Orange 3: Out of the Woods

Red 1: Above The Clouds
Red 2: The Frigid Sea
Red 3: The Warped Void

Yellow 1: The Big Bridge
Yellow 2: The Peaceful Village 3
Yellow 3: A Town In Chaos

Green 1: Desert Ruins
Green 2: Castle Of Illusions
Green 3: Tower of Revival

Blue 1: The Volcano
Blue 2: The Temple

Notice there is no Forest of Fear here.
My idea is to place it in the space of Free Parking, but instead of being a property, it would be a "you got lost, so lose next turn".
So that way, Forest of Fear would be right next to Out Of The Woods, and still be in the game, just not as a property.

For the Railroads, my plan is to use the four colored keys, and the utilities be Golf Tower and Soccer Field.

I like it, but why all from Wario Land 3? I'd imagine we have all the big places from all other games as properties.

New idea: putting Forest of Fear on Free Parking (right next to Out Of The Woods), but making it a unique property.

Cost: 200 coins
Rent: 10 coins times the number of properties the owner has.

So what pictures would be better for the properties? Screenshots with Wario, screenshots without Wario, or custom art?
I'm still unsure on custom art. It could maybe work, depending on the art and the artist. I think screenshots without Wario would also be good though, and a safer bet.

New idea: putting Forest of Fear on Free Parking (right next to Out Of The Woods), but making it a unique property.

Cost: 200 coins
Rent: 10 coins times the number of properties the owner has.
Okay, so this is going to be a truly different version of Monopoly, rather than just a 'skinned' one? I thought we'd keep the mechanics the same. (although when I looked at your ideas for cards in the original thread, it seemed like there were some deviant from the original one in there too, but I wasn't sure as I haven't played it a lot)

I'm still unsure on custom art. It could maybe work, depending on the art and the artist. I think screenshots without Wario would also be good though, and a safer bet.

Okay, so this is going to be a truly different version of Monopoly, rather than just a 'skinned' one? I thought we'd keep the mechanics the same. (although when I looked at your ideas for cards in the original thread, it seemed like there were some deviant from the original one in there too, but I wasn't sure as I haven't played it a lot)

It is meant to be the same as regular Monopoly, but a few minor rule tweaks wouldn't hurt, as most themed sets have them.

There's no other good place to put Forest of Fear.
Or maybe we could have "Lost In The Forest" as the jail space?

I'll give screenshots a try. Gotta take new ones thought.

Reactions: 607
I just think a Wario based Monopoly game should be a homage to the series, not a homage to one game. Even if it's all from the same place, it still feels like it's just Wario Land 3 Monopoly as opposed to Wario in general.
Well, yes. Check the title. ;)

It is meant to be the same as regular Monopoly, but a few minor rule tweaks wouldn't hurt, as most themed sets have them.

There's no other good place to put Forest of Fear.
Or maybe we could have "Lost In The Forest" as the jail space?

I'll give screenshots a try. Gotta take new ones thought.
I like Game Over as jail, actually. I didn't know other themed sets (or tweaked rules) actually existed, I only knew Monopoly's got a different board for every country. :)

I didn't know other themed sets (or tweaked rules) actually existed, I only knew Monopoly's got a different board for every country. :)

haha, nearly every IP has got its own Monopoly.
From cartoons like Family Guy and Spongebob, to music groups, shops, food products - everything has its own Monopoly d:p

I own the Spongebob Monopoly set. The optional rule here is that PLankton is a special token that starts at Chum Bucket (Mediterian Avenue) and moves 1 space every time a 1 is rolled. If you land on Plankton, you either receive the property for free, to pay twice the rent. And when Plankton gets to the Krusty Krab (Boardwalk), the game is over, richest player wins.

I like Game Over as jail, actually. I didn't know other themed sets (or tweaked rules) actually existed, I only knew Monopoly's got a different board for every country. :)

Well, then I'll place Forest of Fear on Free, and give it a simple "lose next turn" rule change.

(although when I looked at your ideas for cards in the original thread, it seemed like there were some deviant from the original one in there too, but I wasn't sure as I haven't played it a lot)

There have been a few small changes to Monopoly over the years, such as Income Tax is now fixed $200 instead of giving you a $200 or 10% choice.
Chance and Community Chest cards have also slightly changed. I'm basing these on the 2008 version, which is where they last changed, and how they are now.

Back