Wario Land 3 Monopoly

I usally play with the rule if you step on the Free Parking spot you get all the money on the middle of the field (so the money that was spent upto that point)

I am aware of that rule, but I don't like it, as it slows down the game (the goal is to bankrupt everyone, but anybody can get a huge cash boost just for being lucky).
Wario may be super greedy, but this just doesn't fit Wario. I'd like something more special, and something that would improve/speed up the gameplay rather than slowing it down. Paying money to advance to any spave on the board (like an unowned property) feels like a good option to me

Could anyone check the dimensions of the cards, in mm? I can't find ours.
Also, I found a nice template to use, but it's for Photoshop, so that's probably not going to work. It might be best creating our own thing.

I've got another idea for designing: I might try using Microsoft Word. I haven't got Office on my new pc, but I think I may have it on my laptop.

You might want to collect opinions for a while first before you start actively making changes. Just to see which ones work best.

I was talking more about the rules and design of the board rather than the physical board unless you mean something else?

Both design (content of the board, cards, tokens, etc) and technology (how we do it, what do we use to make it) are equaly importhant. I'm not sure which of them should we focus on first, perhaps we can try to work on them at the same time.

Thought, I don't really know what we can use to create the cards...

Or if we even can create custom art like i hope...

On terms of board design, my latest idea for Free Parking is:

Wario's Plane.
Ride to any space on the board costs 50 coins X both dice roll.
This does not give the player free money (unless they roll a 2 or 3 and advance to Wario's Bag, which is Go), but allows the player to nab an unowned property, which speeds up the game instead of slowing it down...

Speeking of speed, modern versions of Monopoly also include the Speed Die, which is designed to speed up the game. I own the Spongebob Monopoly, and I actually made myself a custom Speed Die with a Spongebob theme. The way i did it is: I printed out the images of all 6 dice sides, and glued them on to a regular dice. So, if we want to, we could design our very own Wario Speed Die. For example, have a Wario Face instead of Mr Monopoly, and a picture of 2 halfs of Garlic, each with a die on it, instead of the Bus.
This is simply another idea for now. But considering dice can be purchased in some stores, without the need to buy a board game, and little pictures can be glued to the dice sides, this would be relativly cheap and easy to make

Technically, it would affect the weight and balance of the die, but so does having little notches in it to represent each number. It should be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
This looks pretty awesome. I never liked Monopoly, but basically anything with Wario in it makes it better, so I'm exited. If you need my help with anything just ask.

One question though: is this all conceptual or is this actually going to be programmed or created with actual boards? Probably not the last one, because you know... copyright and all that. But maybe programmed? Then you would have the hurdle of it basically having to be online.

This looks pretty awesome. I never liked Monopoly, but basically anything with Wario in it makes it better, so I'm exited. If you need my help with anything just ask.

One question though: is this all conceptual or is this actually going to be programmed or created with actual boards? Probably not the last one, because you know... copyright and all that. But maybe programmed? Then you would have the hurdle of it basically having to be online.
I wouldn't go for it being official. Getting at least one physical copy complete would be really cool, though...

Back