Wario Land Championships

Gizmo

Wario Fan Supreme
@ChanceTime and I had a idea while speaking on Skype, which is creating a some kind of event for Wario fans here, that is challenges! Since the chances are very high to challenge on Wario Land games, especially when it comes for highscores, speedrunning, and etc..., I totally suggest that we should open the "Wario Land Championships" on Youtube.

Email to send your videos: therottenemail@gmail.com
It shall be uploaded in this channel!

Also, if you guys have any suggestions or anything, please PM me.

The rules are basics:
○ You choose a Wario Land of your choice;
○ Select the type of challenge you want (see below);
○ Who shall challenge against you (2 to 4 players);
○ Limit of time/Deadline (less than 1 week);
○ After the player finished recording your gameplay, you shall send your video with:
Player's name;
Highscore gived;
Date of gameplay;
Game & challenge's name.

TYPES OF CHALLENGES
It will show which game and challenge you can play.
( if you have more ideas, please say it, it shall help!)

SUPER MARIO LAND 3 WARIO LAND
Highscores (Coins) ( Whole Game // Certain Level(s) )
Speedrun ( Whole Game // Certain Level(s) )

VIRTUAL BOY WARIO LAND
Highscores (Coins) ( Whole Game // Certain Level(s) )

WARIO LAND 2
Flagman D.D

WARIO LAND 3
Golf Minigame
Time Attack ( Certain Level(s) )
Getting the Musical Coins ( Certain Level(s) )

WARIO LAND 4
Highscores (Coins) ( Whole Game // Certain Level(s) on the specified dificulty )
Speedrun ( Whole Game // Certain Level(s) on the specified dificulty )
The Wario Hop/Wario's Homerun Derby/Wario's Roulette ( Certain Mini Game )

WARIO LAND SHAKE IT!
Highscores ( Whole Game // Certain Level(s) )

CHALLENGES COMFIRMED
Challengers:
@ChanceTime vs. @Gizmoirr vs. @Melluh
Game & Challenge: Wario Land 4 //
Wario Hop
Deadline: 4rd of August
Link: ???

- - -

Last edited:
I like the concept, to some degree. I remember getting the second or third highest coin score ever for Crescent Moon Village in the past (when I compared it to the world record sites).

I like the concept, to some degree. I remember getting the second or third highest coin score ever for Crescent Moon Village in the past (when I compared it to the world record sites).
I'm glad you liked our idea, also you can compare your high-score with other people who wants to enter, for example, Mr.ChanceTime here, acting he's a PGM in Wario Land 4. : pp

Well screenshotting may be rough but still possible with the GCN GBA player (but I don't have a video recording device ;-; ).

I don't mind screenshoots, but recording would preferable.
If you have a camera or a mobilephone to record your play, its alright you know. c:

I'd love this! I'm willing to support this!
Thank you very much for your support!

having not played any of the games in a long time thought, I'm sure I wouldn't do so well, especialy with a keyboard.
By the way, can we make the 3 Wario Land 4 minigames their own challanges?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, it can be and it's a great idea!
Look, anything that is worth to do a challenge on Wario Land games (the ones I written above and yours) is welcome, it can be anything.

P.S: I updated the OP so it can be more helpful.
With a understandable english and showing for each game what type of challenge who want.

Hm.. so if I want to compete in Wario Hop, I need to choose new participants? d:confused: Why don't we just do everyone against everyone?
Also, what do you mean by high scores for whole game in WL 1, II and 3?

Hm.. so if I want to compete in Wario Hop, I need to choose new participants? d:confused:
Yes, but if you want to compete the same who did the challenge, you can do it, just talk to them to confirm it.

Why don't we just do everyone against everyone?
In my opinion, I think it's more preferable that a challenge with less of 4 players are good. If everyone on WF finish each challenges, then what we have left to do the competitions (aside Wario World, Wario Master of Disguise & Wario Ware)?
Also, I'm going to edit the videos and making a video of each users of your game-play (which can surpass the limit of time on YouTube), can be frustrating to me.

Also, what do you mean by high scores for whole game in WL 1, II and 3?

In Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land: We have coins, right? For each level, the person who has more coins (which you can multiplicate them on the Minigame in the end of the level), shall be the winner.
In Wario Land 2: Flagman D.D and as for Wario Land 3, it only has Time Attack and the Golf Minigame. (But since they're not high scores, I shall edit the OP)

Wario Land 2 has a time attack on The Really Final Chapter, but that's a really extreme challange, and I don't know if any of us can speed run it.

I don't think Coins In Level would work for WL2 levels eather, as I'm pretty sure there are respawning enemies that drop coins.

But we could still do speed runs of 1, 2 and 4, right? Just needs a timer edited into a video

Wario Land 2 has a time attack on The Really Final Chapter, but that's a really extreme challange, and I don't know if any of us can speed run it.
I don't think Coins In Level would work for WL2 levels eather, as I'm pretty sure there are respawning enemies that drop coins.
But we could still do speed runs of 1, 2 and 4, right? Just needs a timer edited into a video

That's a idea, if someone is a PGM at the Final Chapter in WL2, kudos to him/her. : pp
Since the coins don't really work, I replaced it with "Flagman D.D".
Yeah sure, you can speedrun a/certain level(s) if you want to and yeah, you need a timer program.

The Really Final Chapter being really hard, doesn't mean it can't be competed in, though... d;)
I'll look into this more when I get home.
Edit: I'd like to ask: could I join the Wario Hop challenge? And can I do it on an actual handheld instead of on an emulator?

The Really Final Chapter being really hard, doesn't mean it can't be competed in, though... d;)
I'll look into this more when I get home.
Edit: I'd like to ask: could I join the Wario Hop challenge? And can I do it on an actual handheld instead of on an emulator?

Of course you can play on the handheld, and I added you on the challenge!
Good luck! : pp ...mostly for me.

Back