Wario Land Championships

I keep failing because of looking at the score >.< I've set a gentlemansrule for myself, by the way: I won't look up videos of this getting played. I want to learn the stage by playing it myself.

I keep failing because of looking at the score >.< I've set a gentlemansrule for myself, by the way: I won't look up videos of this getting played. I want to learn the stage by playing it myself.

It's the golden rule of WL4 mini-games: Never look at the score or you fail. : pp

Also, to the other participants in this particular challenge: did you use an emulator's features like save states, slow-down, et cetera? I figure that would make things much easier, but I don't think I should do it. ChanceTime, Gizmoirr, Melluh.

I prefer that the use of thoses features wouldn't be necessary, persoanlly I only use the save-states just to restart again the challenge to the beginning.

I prefer that the use of thoses features wouldn't be necessary, persoanlly I only use the save-states just to restart again the challenge to the beginning.
Okay. Because well, it could be used to practice difficulty spikes and such. But I'm happy you'd rather not do it, as it's the same for me.
By the way, is the second drummer a huge spike for anyone else? I don't know why, but I fail there more than anywhere else.

Okay. Because well, it could be used to practice difficulty spikes and such. But I'm happy you'd rather not do it, as it's the same for me.
By the way, is the second drummer a huge spike for anyone else? I don't know why, but I fail there more than anywhere else.
I went to the third drummer, but when you don't know the patterns and don't really concetrate, it sure can be a huge pain, I can feel ya there.

Third drummer? Are you guys serious?
when i played this, i was barely able to do anything after the first.

Also, how can you possibly not look at the score? The way my eyes work, they always scan the entire screen

Third drummer? Are you guys serious?
when i played this, i was barely able to do anything after the first.

Also, how can you possibly not look at the score? The way my eyes work, they always scan the entire screen
Well, I only concentrate on the playing field. That's the only thing I really process. The only time I notice the letters above is at each medal, when the count gets red, it distracts me a little.
But in some runs, I thought I was doing well and wanted to see my score, so I shifted my attention over to it for just a little bit. But even a split second off guard will kill your run in the Wario Hop.

I just played without paying attention for the first time. I was playing, but thinking about my Youtube Channel at the same time. Until I realised I had gotten a new record. I failed shortly after xD So apparently, not paying attention can be good in my case? d:confused: It might be because I fail because of too much pressure or something.

Last edited:
Do you need to get the source video? I recorded it with my iPad and recorded straight to YouTube. Is it okay if I just pm you the link to the video? (and else, can I pm the link to a Google Drive file or something? Pm's are far more convenient than e-mails to me, so if it isn't too much of a problem for you, I'd rather do that)

Do you need to get the source video? I recorded it with my iPad and recorded straight to YouTube. Is it okay if I just pm you the link to the video? (and else, can I pm the link to a Google Drive file or something? Pm's are far more convenient than e-mails to me, so if it isn't too much of a problem for you, I'd rather do that)
I rather you send me the link to the file on Google Drive, so I can compile all your gameplay in one video. If you don't mind.

I rather you send me the link to the file on Google Drive, so I can compile all your gameplay in one video. If you don't mind.
Ah, okay! Thanks for telling me the reason! I don't have a video of the gameplay, though, as I did it on an actual GBA, so it's just the score filmed >.< I'll send you the video, anyway, I hope you can use it.

Back