Probably a silly question, but who does actually sing Ashley's song outside of Super Smash Bros?

Because the credits are as good as useless on that front, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the songs article.

And yeah, kind of funny to see the arguments on the history page. I mean, come on. I don't for a moment buy that the actual voice actress would become a Mario Wiki member.

It happened before (an old-timey NOA dude edited the wiki and showed proof of his creds to another admin) and I don't see what anyone has to gain by claiming to be the obscure voice actor of an obscure character just to remove an image from a fan wiki (if they wanted to troll, there are much better ways to incite rage and/or stupidity), so, yeah.

Huh.

The video description has this interesting statement:

Ashley's voice was performed by Jean Nishida, presumably the daughter of Charles Nishida, who worked on NOA localization for this game. The English voice actors were most likely hand-picked convenient staff and friends rather than hired actors, which is a testament to NOA's weak AV localization through the mid-2000's.

in an earlier post, I called ashley a "pretty shitty character in the grand scheme of japanese corporations", but I was factually wrong. Ashley is an incredibly complex character.

See?

(comments are also good for cheap lolz)

CDjDWLYWgAEDcUj.jpg

right should be "Wario releases an announcement of an announcement in a cynical attempt to increase buzz"

he's the ceo of an entertainement company after all

I sexually Identify as a Wario. Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of using my sweaty shoulders to kill animals and steal their money. People say to me that a human being a Wario is impossible and I'm retarded but I don't care, I'm rich. I'm having a constructor install a castle to be built right where my house is that's made of pure gold. From now on I want you guys to call me "Wahmaster" and respect my right to steal others' money for my own needs. If you can't accept me you're a Wariophobe and need to check your Wario privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Back