Wario was intended to be German?

Joke or not, me saying that d'oh i missed will always be in my heart despite what it truly meant was delusional. I never try to be delusional and that was never my intention. And i'm sorry for that.

I was hoping the three exclamation mark would make it fairly obvious that my statement was a joke...
Well I guess I'll just make it clear from this point on that I never act hostile towards people over opinions. It's how people act towards their opinions that gets under my skin as was the issue with Kyon many moons ago.

This is why communicating through text is so fickle. If you hate using emoticons or "LOL"s like me, then it makes it really hard to convey your intended emotions.

Back on topic,
Maybe now this actually makes sense to a degree???(probably still not)
SM_Die_Verwandlung_page_3_panel_6.png

He is in fact saying "So ein Mist!", which translates to "Aww, crap!".
Actually, it's more like saying "Darn it!" or "Shoot!" ...or "Rats!" or something. :STongue3: Meaning it's a very tame phrase. I mean there's a german children's television character who basically has "Mist!" as his catchphrase. :STongue:
So I don't think they were worried that it would be inappropriate or something. My guess is they just wanted him to be pseudo-german the same way Mario is pseudo-italian. Mario says things like "Mama mia!" or "Arrivederci!" sometimes even though he usually speaks english so maybe they wanted to do the same with Wario, except that he speaks german phrases sometimes.

Actually, it's more like saying "Darn it!" or "Shoot!" ...or "Rats!" or something. :STongue3: Meaning it's a very tame phrase. I mean there's a german children's television character who basically has "Mist!" as his catchphrase. :STongue:
So I don't think they were worried that it would be inappropriate or something. My guess is they just wanted him to be pseudo-german the same way Mario is pseudo-italian. Mario says things like "Mama mia!" or "Arrivederci!" sometimes even though he usually speaks english so maybe they wanted to do the same with Wario, except that he speaks german phrases sometimes.

Cheers, Shyster. You'd be the man to ask, hailing from Europe. To be honest, I was only referencing a rather detailed Youtube description dealing with the "So ein Mist" matter. It translates "Mist" as manure. This was the video in question... (the description includes a statement from Thomas Spindler)

Cheers, Shyster. You'd be the man to ask, hailing from Europe. To be honest, I was only referencing a rather detailed Youtube description dealing with the "So ein Mist" matter. It translates "Mist" as manure. This was the video in question... (the description includes a statement from Thomas Spindler)

Yes, I live in Germany so if there's anything german-related y'all wanna know, I can help. :sgrin: ...probably. :STongue:
Yeah, if you translate Mist literally then it does mean manure but of course, no one actually means it in that context when they're just cursing. :STongue3:
Still, manure is hardly a controversial word in family friendly games. :STongue3:

plot twist wario is actually greek because Wario's name is exactly the same as the Greek translation of the chemical element Barium that originated from the word βαρύς, meaning heavy, reflecting Wario's massive weight. Wario's superhero version as Wario-Man uses the same "W" symbol as Wonder Woman, who is Greek. In addition, the Wario Car resembles the Batmobile, a vehicle of Batman who is a major character in DC comics alongside Wonder Woman. Moreover, Wario-Man uses the same trademark purple and yellow colors of Wario's other appearances, which were also used during the peak of John Cena's career as a professional wrestler whose popularity among children led to his use of many different attires switching over a large variety of colors that were sold as merchandise.

Back