Which Wario Voice do you prefer?

• The old Wario voice!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • The current Wario voice!

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Weario

Fangame Maker
You know, there was always something that has bothered me. It's that Wario's voice has changed over the years.

I grew up with Wario's voice in games such as:
Mario Power Tennis
Wario World
Wario Land 4

A good example is here (bit muffled sorry):

But in the latest games his voice is so much lower and just different, even though it's the same voice actor! I noticed it a lot in thse games:
Mario Kart Wii
Wario Land Shake
Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Example (At 58 seconds):

(Not to mention that super, super bass voice when he charges his bat swing)

I wonder why his voiced was changed like that? I prefered the higher, more hyper and crazy sounding voice better!Pouting:

Which one do you prefer?

I always thought his voice was all over the place, not just in pitch but also the accent, without a clear progression. Though it is more often than not deeper nowadays. I don't have a real preference since it's still recognizable as Wario.

I also think his voice in that Wario World commercial sounds more like his voice in those old commercials but with an accent.

Going by these two clips alone, I'd say I prefer the current one. But I honestly feel like his voice in Wario Land 4 is more in line with the "current" voice than the clip you posted :]

Going by these two clips alone, I'd say I prefer the current one. But I honestly feel like his voice in Wario Land 4 is more in line with the "current" voice than the clip you posted :]
As a matter of fact, his voice clips in Wario Land 4 are the EXACT same as in Wario World, just more muffled due to the Gameboy Advance's capabilities.

Wario's first voices made him sound so mischievous! Now he sounds ok, but the deep voice makes him sound tired or old, for some reason... It was way more dynamic and crazy back then! It sounds a bit like that in the recent WarioWare games and in Game & Wario.

It's really weird to hear Wario say "Oh my god", good thing they replaced it with the famous "D'oh I missed", in fact, it would be real weird to hear any Nintendo character say that.

As much as I love his old voice, I don't mind the way he sounds now. We need our wacky Wario back in action. Is it even possible to say he's out of shape?

I think I read an interview with Charles Martinet saying the reason he made Wario's voice deeper was to furthet distinguish it from Waluigi. Waluigi at one time sounded too much like Wario.

Fair enough, but even then you knew the difference. Waluigi has a softer voice, while Wario was raspy.

Back