What happened to Wario's Castle?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Does he still have it any more?

Cause I know in Wario Master of Disguise and Wario Land Shake It he seems to be living in a normal house now:

And it's always been the case in WarioWare.

So what happened to the castle after Wario World's ending?

Good question. I always thought he kept it as... sort of a summer cottage? xDDD Well, as a second home. ^^
In Wario Land 4 he was already living in the city so...
Maybe his city home is the one he always had, even before the events of Super Mario Land 2.
And nowadays he just goes to his castle every now and then to just sit in his throne and laugh manically about all his riches.
(Just like in the intro to Wario World ^^)

My guess? He just got bored. He seems like the type of person who'd revel in his wealth for a while and then go look for more. He's probably got a flat in the city for the sake of convenience. And it's probably a cheap flat because he's a tight-ass :p

The castle was ransacked and destroyed in Wario Land 2 is my guess. That and/or something happened to Kitchen Island where the castle is, given even Captain Syrup has abandoned the island in Shake It. In any case, Kitchen Island does seem too far away from any real civilization to do much of anything like run a business or for Wario to even be able to get cable TV, and he wouldn't stand for that. He really should've asked for a castle elsewhere back in Wario Land 1. . .

The main reason Wario actually wanted his castle in the first place, I think, is jealousy of Mario given he stole one from him in Mario Land 2. Once he had it a while, it kind of lost the appeal.

I think it's safe to say Wario owns several homes. He can certainly afford it.

He's got his castle, which is home base, and his house in Diamond City, which he stays in while "developing" microgames for WarioWare.

My theories are:

●He uses it as Summer Cottage.

●He keeps it a secret to avoid People begging him for money, thiefs and robbers.
Therefore he visits it more rarely than he used to.

●Officials found his castle and forced him to take it down because you can't just pick a place and decide "I live here now!"

●The living fees were just too much.

●It got destroyed by someone.

I imagine it was either destroyed by someone (Probably Captain Syrup in revenge) or it's a second home for him.
After all, Mario and Luigi both own second houses (Hell Luigi owns 2 homes) despite sharing the same home. So why not Wario?

Last edited:
I think that after the events of wario world, Wario got the worst ending for not giving a crap about the elf things and just decided to take his money and live in diamond city

Maybe he has a soft spot for captain syrup and gave her the land and let her rebuild her old castle there and he used his money to live in daimond city.

Well take a little look at my timeline

First would be Yoshi's island DS (also don't forget the mario vs wario comic, the satan one and the megaman one are not cannon) He starts in diamond city with Warioware , somewhere along the line he gets into smash bros, then Game & Wario takes place, and his latest games there do badly enough to shut down his operation,but he still remains popular, bringing his greed into the woods with Wario's Woods, re-adopting the main suit and coming back into smash with his traditional costume, along with all Mario spin-off games that he has appeared in (plus wario blast), where he learns mario's personality and comes to despise him, starting Mario & Wario (not the comic). Next, wario does a a thing , hence wario master of disguise. Then, after MANY other mario games Super Maro land takes place and during that wario sneaks into mario's castle, with mario land 2 taking place. Following that up is Wario land , which leads to 2 possible routes, One were he gets his castle, leading to wario land 2, and the other were he gets any other result, (the planet has no homes on it) leads to Wario land Shake It! , were he's back in Diamond city, then Wario land 4, were he gets enough treasure to make a castle, seen in wario world. I am putting wario world here since it says that this is immediatly after the building of the castle. Then, both of the branches come back together here, where wario takes a break, and here's were i'll agree with the 3rd wario brother (partly), he goes on a trip to the amazon, were wario land 3 takes place, were he crashes his plane on the way their, and he fixes it and continues to the amazon, were VB wario land takes place, and in every ending in which he gets back home is canon, and then would be mario party, since in those games,it says "welcome to mario land" rest is undecided

Waluigi is a guy he found while playing tennis.

Could there really be a Mario timeline? I mean, I feel like the developers don't really care about that stuff... d:p
The idea of there being the possiblity of a Mario timeline is pure hilarity to me. XD:

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Back