What should Captain Syrup's future role be in the series?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
In the first two games, she was the main antagonist.

In Shake It, she was a helper character who ended up betraying Wario in the ending.

So what should her role be the next time she appears in the series? Should she be the main antagonist again? A side character? Undercut by the villain, ala Bowser in the earlier Mario RPGs? What do you think?

She should stay an antagonist. After all she is Wario's arch-enemy. But a team-up between the two would be cool for one game or so.
Also, I would like to see some Syrup references in WarioWare.

Syrup should only make a Cameo, now that a new, stronger Villain has arrived.

This villain is going to use all the worlds gold to make his Doomsday device, a solid gold doomsday machine. Wario's in his Castle (or where ever he lives) when suddenly all his gold vanish! piles of coins vanish one by one.

It's up to Wario to get to the bottom of this! He'll get his coins back and unknowingly saves the world in the process.

She should stay an antagonist. After all she is Wario's arch-enemy. But a team-up between the two would be cool for one game or so.
Also, I would like to see some Syrup references in WarioWare.
Make like a Mario and Luigi type thing where she plays the role of Bowser, Enemy in the beginning, Has to team up to fight greater evil (like rudy or golden diva), Then go back to being enemies in the end.
Basically this. But I was also thinking about something, maybe have Captain Syrup be the fake villain. Basically the game fools you into thinking she's the villain, but she's actually working under the real villain. (Probably for treasure or something.) That would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Or she could play the villain in the beginning until she accidentally summons an evil demon. Then she has to team up with Wario... then when Wario saves the day she double crosses him and becomes the final boss!

So many twists!

I wouldn't mind if she were the main villain again, plus having a female villain is great. Just adds more to the Wario land series in my opinion, if I recall Mario didn't really have that many female villains. You could argue that the Shadow Queen was a main female villain but I saw her nothing more than just a random big bad villain unleashed at the end, but I could be dead wrong. It's been how many years since I played TTYD?

I think Syrup should serve as a main character, protagonist or antagonist in every future game. One of Wario Land's biggest problems (and part of why it hasn't garnered a large following) is it's lack of a consistent cast. From game to game it's always new, new, new...And that's fine, I enjoy the variety, but I believe that having characters like Syrup, Rudy, and the others appearing consistently would help give it a more distinguishable face.

As for how she could appear in future games, I agree with all of you; either a antagonistic role or a partnership could work depending on the plot. I like the way @The 3rd Wario Brother put it.

Make like a Mario and Luigi type thing where she plays the role of Bowser, Enemy in the beginning, Has to team up to fight greater evil (like rudy or golden diva), Then go back to being enemies in the end.

By the way,
if I recall Mario didn't really have that many female villains.
Cackletta, Valentina, Mimi, etc. There are also quite a few that aren't from the RPGs.

Back