Whats a popular and beloved game or franchise that you couldn't get into?

You know talking about smash is cool and all, but that's not supposed to be the focus here.
So can we try and focus on the main topic here.

Thank You

Well Id disagree with that : p I mean the convo is popular game franchises you dislike, and smash was brought up, and people have began to talk about that. Its not off topic, as its entirely in context of the convo, and not just people randomly talking about smash bros.

You should let conversations happen naturally, otherwise the thread would go no where other than "I dont like this game", then "I dont like this game" and then "I dont like this game". People dont just come to forums to read others opinions alone : p
Super Mario 64.

I tried it on the DS, it was too hard for me, then I sold the game, bought it again, tried again, and still too hard and unappealing for me.

Have you tried it on N64? Its not totally the same game, plus different controllers ect : p Might like it more on N64.
Ive played ports of games I like before, and didnt like them as much as the original : p (Winback on PS2 is my biggest example : p)

Well Id disagree with that : p I mean the convo is popular game franchises you dislike, and smash was brought up, and people have began to talk about that. Its not off topic, as its entirely in context of the convo, and not just people randomly talking about smash bros.

You should let conversations happen naturally, otherwise the thread would go no where other than "I dont like this game", then "I dont like this game" and then "I dont like this game". People dont just come to forums to read others opinions alone : p

you're right, I'm sorry,

I just didn't want this thread to end up being derailed. But yeah now that I think about it, you're completely right, so i'll be better with this kind of stuff in the future, I promise.^_^

The Kirby series in it's entirety. Even as a kid in the '90s, it never interested me. It always seemed rather bland and soulless. It's one of the only Nintendo franchises I didn't play to death.

No offense to anyone who likes it, of course.

do i dare say it?
to be honest, i havent played too much mario (or platformers in general), though you could say that its an interest waiting to happen (especially since Super Mario Maker is going to be on 3ds).

Whoa, poor Pajama pants ; _ ; You really need to play more Mario, and 3d platformers.

You should totally get like SM64 and DK64 and like Banjo-Kazooie. Theres no way you can play video games without these games ; _ ;

Tales looks like a generic RPG and I do not feel like throwing my money and buying something I probably won't enjoy yet people seem to praise it like LOZ:OOT, I never enjoyed many RPG's either aside from the Mario ones such as M&L and Paper Mario.

Dark Souls I honestly can't stand hearing that "ITZ DA BEST FUCKING GAME EVER" being shoved down my throat. Like it? Good for you. But for me, Not only does it look like most other games I see the modern generation but I honestly don't like games that feel insultingly difficult from beginning to end. I just don't see what's so special about it? "It has melee combat and all weapons feel different"? Well, Guess what. Witchaven had weapons like that way before Dark Souls did.

I don't disown anybody who likes these games but I don't expect you to praise what I like as the same or as "the best" either. Gaming shouldn't cater only to you, Things like Klonoa, Pac-Man World and Wario Land are still DEFINENTLY needed.

Last edited:
Tales of is like a smash bros rpg, the battle system has like the exact same controls as ssmb, haha : p

If you dont like JRPG's though, then yeah you probly wont like it, as it is a JRPG.

From my experience, it has some of the best story lines of any JRPG series, though. Ive played many JRPGs, and Tales of are generally the most interesting games, story wise.

just to make sure, is there a thread for "games you like that are not well known or recieved"?
in other words, the opposite to this thread? :p
Hmm: There's not at the moment, but i've been planning on something like that ever since i started this thread,
I do have a couple games that i really got into that a lot of people didn't or are just not well known in general, & i know some people here do too, (Considering this is a fourm based on a series that's not really well known to begin with, this is unsurprising)
But i want to know if that's something that would work? maybe if there's a large request for it,
I'll do one in the next day or so. So to everyone reading this, if this is something you want to see. let me know, & i'll do one by Wednesday or Thursday.

Hmm: There's not at the moment, but i've been planning on something like that ever since i started this thread,
I do have a couple games that i really got into that a lot of people didn't or are just not well known in general, & i know some people here do too, (Considering this is a fourm based on a series that's not really well known to begin with, this is unsurprising)
But i want to know if that's something that would work? maybe if there's a large request for it,
I'll do one in the next day or so. So to everyone reading this, if this is something you want to see. let me know, & i'll do one by Wednesday or Thursday.

It's a great idea! I say do it. You should get at least a good page of responses to begin with.

EDIT: Of course, it's hard to say if people will want to talk about other people's obscure/unpopular favourites.

Last edited:
I wish I could reply this to thread, but I only played 5 games in my life, and only finished 4 of them!
Although, I will try!

I do not know if that counts, but my friends play a game on their computers that is about shooting other players, it looks like a war game. I think it is called CS, but I cannot be sure. I am also not sure if it is popular, but if it is, I can say it is not something I can get into.

I understand the satisfaction of shooting and dominating the battlefield, while not getting shot in return, simulating the horrible wars of the past. I agree with their existence, as they are video games and they are meant to be a gate to a fantasy world, allowing players to experience situations they would not have the chance to experience in their lives, and thankfully, war is part of that world for us. However, I just cannot get into it, I never had the need to shoot anyone or anything for my own satisfaction.

I wish I could reply this to thread, but I only played 5 games in my life, and only finished 4 of them!
Although, I will try!

I do not know if that counts, but my friends play a game on their computers that is about shooting other players, it looks like a war game. I think it is called CS, but I cannot be sure. I am also not sure if it is popular, but if it is, I can say it is not something I can get into.

I understand the satisfaction of shooting and dominating the battlefield, while not getting shot in return, simulating the horrible wars of the past. I agree with their existence, as they are video games and they are meant to be a gate to a fantasy world, allowing players to experience situations they would not have the chance to experience in their lives, and thankfully, war is part of that world for us. However, I just cannot get into it, I never had the need to shoot anyone or anything for my own satisfaction.
I agree Yui-Chan, I never got into first or third shooters either. I understand there appeal and why people like them, But they are not my thing. Plus I really don't want kids who should not even be Playing these kind of games, (unless it's Splatoon.) screaming into my ears for just making one teeny tiny mistake.

Oh yeah, I think this is the game you're talking about. (I could be wrong though.)
Counter-Strike_Box.jpg

Although, I will try!

lol, i think the more concerning part is the length people will go to win a match, including hacking 0.0

I agree Yui-Chan, I never got into first or third shooters either. I understand there appeal and why people like them, But they are not my thing. Plus I really don't want kids who should not even be Playing these kind of games, (unless it's Splatoon.) screaming into my ears for just making one teeny tiny mistake.

Oh yeah, I think this is the game you're talking about. (I could be wrong though.)
View attachment 3042
Oh! I cannot be sure, but it looks like it! Young ones play this? Is it not too agressive for them?
Do they play it because they think it is "cool"?
lol, i think the more concerning part is the length people will go to win a match, including hacking 0.0
Ehh! Hacking? It like cheating? I do not like that one bit! In the least, they should try to do their best to be good at it!

That's not just a problem with shooters though, a lot of online game unfortunately have this problem, (Mario Kart DS & especially Mario Kart Wii were infamous for this kind of stuff.)
Ehh? Mario Kart cheaters? No way! How do they do that? It is so unfair!
I cannot allow myself to break the rules like that!

That's not just a problem with shooters though, a lot of online game unfortunately have this problem, (Mario Kart DS & especially Mario Kart Wii were infamous for this kind of stuff.)
yeah. also, youd be surprised at the amount of 10 year olds who used to kick my butt at CoD, mean while screaming profanities and stuff.
lesson: dont gives kids a mic, dont give pajamas multiplayer :p
edit, i forgot you mentioned that

Ehh? Mario Kart cheaters? No way! How do they do that? It is so unfair!
I cannot allow myself to break the rules like that!
Both the DS & Wii are notorious for being very easy to hack into due to their lack of protection, making them extremely popular among Modders, hackers, Cheaters & Pirates.
Which is why when the 3DS & WII U came out, Nintendo massively went & improved on the security aspect, by having actual protection. with updates & bricking the system if you do hack it. that is also why
Mario Kart 7 & 8 doesn't have as many problems when it comes to online in general. Because of Nintendo's stronger grip in online. (Though this could change as the Wii U is ending production soon, & hackers had already found a way to hack both it & the 3DS.)

Back