best console

Best console

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ugh, duh, forgot to actually post about the poll : /

I voted Gamecube, cuz I actually really do love the Gamecube a ton : p It has some of my all time favorite games. And the port to my all time favorite game, which is like something I guess : p

And I somewhat recently got into the resident evil series, which gamecube has all of them remade for it, which is great : p Though I probly wont go much further with them, on account of being terrible at them : p

I laughed at this poll : p

(Isnt the gamesphere from Drake and Josh? I vaguely remember something called a gamesphere on that show when I was a kid)
Yes it was on drake and josh. As for the bad part that would be the story they all play the same and most people play it for the story. So it depends on what you like. By the by the newer games are loaded with quicktime events.

I laughed at this poll : p

(Isnt the gamesphere from Drake and Josh? I vaguely remember something called a gamesphere on that show when I was a kid)

It was from South Park first.

okamagamesphere.gif

Ugh, duh, forgot to actually post about the poll : /

I voted Gamecube, cuz I actually really do love the Gamecube a ton : p It has some of my all time favorite games. And the port to my all time favorite game, which is like something I guess : p

And I somewhat recently got into the resident evil series, which gamecube has all of them remade for it, which is great : p Though I probly wont go much further with them, on account of being terrible at them : p

The original REmakes actually end at Zero, and don't go through 2 and 3. 2's getting a new remake though, so I'm pretty hyped for that. But the REmake of RE1 is one of my favorites, because even on the gamecube, the game is legitimately artfully a masterpiece. The atmosphere is almost perfect, and I was so happy when the recent REmaster of it really let the game's pre-rendered backgrounds shine at their brightest.

RE4 is definitely worth playing though, if you're not perfect at the original tank controls.

Gamecube also has Code Veronica, too. Though its about 5 times the price of the PS2 port. Though I guess that wouldnt really be a remake since it was ported from the DC.

And I loved RE1 for GC actually, Im just not the best at the game and keep getting stuck : p Am thinking of retrying it, though. Id love to get all of them for GC. I have RE1 and Zero currently. Ive actually played 4, too. And liked it. But geeesh that game is intense : p I have never been so anxious in a game like I was when I was trapped in that house trying to keep all those villagers out : p

Yeah the original REs are sort of odd. I got stuck in RE2 for quite a while before I figured out what I was doing. I still haven't actually finished Zero or 1 yet... And I haven't played 3, but 3 is known to be bad. Also I didn't even know about Code Veronica being ported, but I think I just have that on some other console.

RE4 is incredibly stressful at times. My main criticism of it isn't even about the game itself, but that it lead to Capcom making RE5 and RE6, which are incredibly weak as RE games and horror games.

I actually really enjoyed Zero, the bit of it I have played. But I wanted to beat RE 1 before I played through it. Sadly Im not sure Ill ever beat it though : p And aw that bites to hear, I was actually looking forward to trying 3. It looked neat : p I might still like it anyway : p And Ive been tempted to get Code Veronica for PS2 before actually, but I still kinda wanna get it for Gamecube instead, so might actually spend the extra 30$ just to get it for my preferred console : p

And yeah Ive read that. Ive actually never even seen RE5 or 6, but Ive heard that everything after 4 is not worth playing, and that the series kinda died there. I also read that they asked American audiences what they wanted in RE for RE4 over Japanese audiences, haha how weird. If thats true, then I guess we can see the difference between Japanese gamers and American gamers.

Now, after scrolling all the way down this thread, I wonder: Why didn't Nintendo make a spherical console?
I mean, it's spherical! How cool would that be?

It looks cool, but how practical would it be?

Shit, knowing Nintendo it would have some ridiculous gimmick involving rolling the sphere around to control shit or something

Back