[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Hey, wariolandgoldpiramid, if you're still on, you only did the things in that .txt file, right? Because I'm experimenting right now, and found quite a few things already. I just realised though, maybe you found them already. I'm going to create a file to show you which tile belongs to which spot on the music box map, okay? (Currently doing north)

Hey, wariolandgoldpiramid, if you're still on, you only did the things in that .txt file, right? Because I'm experimenting right now, and found quite a few things already. I just realised though, maybe you found them already. I'm going to create a file to show you which tile belongs to which spot on the music box map, okay? (Currently doing north)
Yeah, i think i found the Tower Of Revival. But overall, there are so many things that I just couldn't identify. I wish i could get the same pallete as the game in the editor.

Reactions: 607
Wow, this is very much work... You know what? I'm only going to search for stuff in the mess if we know what we want to edit. So say we want to edit tower of revival, I'm going to try to find tower of revival, instead of just trial and erroring every pixel to see what it changes. With my knowledge of today, I've found that changing some particular pixels to a particular colour just messes up the world map, a lot. One pixel makes the whole world map crazy. I've also found the crayon hill, but that's all, in 45 minutes! :eek:

Wow, this is very much work... You know what? I'm only going to search for stuff in the mess if we know what we want to edit. So say we want to edit tower of revival, I'm going to try to find tower of revival, instead of just trial and erroring every pixel to see what it changes. With my knowledge of today, I've found that changing some particular pixels to a particular colour just messes up the world map, a lot. One pixel makes the whole world map crazy. I've also found the crayon hill, but that's all, in 45 minutes! :eek:

Wait... Wait...
You did actual exprimentation? I did nothing like that, I simply looked throught the pixels, and wrote down what i could identify.

Also, I did write down where the tower of revival (overworld sprtie is).
087B00

EDIT: I took a look, and one thing we absolutely NEED to find... is the Title Screen Graphic.

I'm on my smartphone right now.

So, I just decided I'll do ACTUAL work tomorrow. First I'll take a look at your rom, 607. Then I'll check out the tilesey editor in the Game Editor. If there is anything else somebody wants me to do, go ahead and leave a sugestion!

I'm on my smartphone right now.

So, I just decided I'll do ACTUAL work tomorrow. First I'll take a look at your rom, 607. Then I'll check out the tilesey editor in the Game Editor. If there is anything else somebody wants me to do, go ahead and leave a sugestion!
What do you mean by "the tileset editor in the Game Editor"?

Reactions: 356
What do you mean by "the tileset editor in the Game Editor"?
In the game editor (the thing where you make levels), there is a Tileset Editor (to change colors, looks and functions(Solid, Empty, Break, Break to Coin, Spike, etc.))

Oh, didn't you check that out yet? It's very simple, actually.
Well, I've checked it. But I want to see if there are more hidden things in it.

EDIT: Also, random comment: I can truly feel I'm the least experienced with this game, since I only recently (about a month ago) got it through the eShop, and because of it have a LOT less experience with the game's design. I think I'll try finishing the game in the upcoming week so I can actually come up with puzzles.

Well, I've checked it. But I want to see if there are more hidden things in it.
Okay, have fun then ;)
First I'll take a look at your rom, and then... I don't know, I'll change my desktop background or something :p (I should also probably redownload VBA, because for me it's very laggy, so I must've once changed something for the worse in its options)

I've been messing around a bit. ^^
Wario Land 3 messin.png

ACK! How come every single time I'm absent from the forum for a while, something huge happens?

...Anyway, I'd love to help out with spriting since I'm an experienced spriter and have made many Wario Land-ish styled sprites, although I'm going to have to wait until I'm reunited with my computer with my spriting programs and everything else.

Back