[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Also, guys, please solve these puzzles in your head, and tell me your opynions of #4 and #6. Are they tedious? Cuz they require you to do the same steps multiple times...

Going back to the question of our hack's difficulty, i think I wouldn't mind if it was slightly more difficult than the origional. So i dont mind these treasures being more hard. I actualky like puzzles with harder logic and harder execution,
It may curtainly be harder, but my biggest problem with the original was how INCREDIBELY tedious it could get with some of it's stages. I think if it could get harder without getting tedious, repetitive or boring, it would be great.

I tried to make a two Doll Boys fight, but it didn't really work out so well :p (which was in fact kind of obvious, with the way they are programmed).
I also think this little thing I stumbled across is interesting.

One, it does make it more tedious, two, I've never really liked when the key and the appropriate chest are so near each other. Do the blue key and the green chest then.

Is it really that tedious? Let me think:
  1. If the player turns flat, and cross the gap, it will be just a waste of time. They will need to go back, get un0flat, and fall in the gap
  2. Play golf
  3. Get back out, get flat again
  4. Climb up, get un-flat
  5. Jump down for the key
  6. Get back up, get flat again, cross the gaps again, climb again, and get un-flat again
  7. Go down to the chest
Ok, i get it. This will get tedious. But... I still kind of want to have a treasure like this... Like, really late in the game, where the treasures get harder...
And i kind of like a challange like this...
Can we at least save the idea and think about it?
If you guys dont agree, then let's at least switch it: put the chest there, and the key in another part of the level. That will get rid of steps 5-7, while still teasing the player with the Chest + Flat Wario thing.

What about the Zombie Puzzle? It is kind of tedious as well. You have to:
  1. Fall down as a zombie
  2. Play Golf
  3. Climb up
  4. Fall down as a zombie again, go left, fall down to get the key
  5. Climb up again
  6. Fall down as a zomboe again, go right, turn to normal, grab chest
And yet I like the Zombie Wario puzzle as well...

Time for bed.
Good Night, everyone! :D

And remember:
It's imposible to have a key and chest of different colors in the same region, due to the way the game's engine is designed

(This will hopefully be a regular thing. I'll put random Wario Land 3 stuff every evening before going to bed :p )

Is it really that tedious? Let me think:
  1. If the player turns flat, and cross the gap, it will be just a waste of time. They will need to go back, get un0flat, and fall in the gap
  2. Play golf
  3. Get back out, get flat again
  4. Climb up, get un-flat
  5. Jump down for the key
  6. Get back up, get flat again, cross the gaps again, climb again, and get un-flat again
  7. Go down to the chest
Ok, i get it. This will get tedious. But... I still kind of want to have a treasure like this... Like, really late in the game, where the treasures get harder...
And i kind of like a challange like this...
Can we at least save the idea and think about it?
If you guys dont agree, then let's at least switch it: put the chest there, and the key in another part of the level. That will get rid of steps 5-7, while still teasing the player with the Chest + Flat Wario thing.

What about the Zombie Puzzle? It is kind of tedious as well. You have to:
  1. Fall down as a zombie
  2. Play Golf
  3. Climb up
  4. Fall down as a zombie again, go left, fall down to get the key
  5. Climb up again
  6. Fall down as a zomboe again, go right, turn to normal, grab chest
And yet I like the Zombie Wario puzzle as well...
Two last things:
1: we CAN make optional chests more tedious, so that the game feels a little bit more attractive to hardcore Completionists like myself.
2. I'd absolutely LOVE to have an easter egg room completely green in honnor to the original Game Boy

Guys! Guys, Guys! Guys! Guys! Guyuyus!
I had an awesome idea for a new level theme! :D
What if... after the events of Wario Land 3.... the people in the music box built a temple or something in honor of their savior Wario? :D
We could replace one of the more boring looking levels with it. Like one of the crater levels.
Or maybe it's part of the desert ruins? Or the volcano's base?
Or maybe it's inside the moon, I dunno. :p
Anyway it would be based entirely around Wario. With statues of him and stuff... and lots of references! :D
I think it could be awesome. ^^

Oh yeah, and question:
What exactly does the compare thing do? I don't get it.

Sorry for not being able to answer until now. Real life stuff.
Also, my computer doens't want use the editor, so I won't be able to help much D:
I'll probably be able to play test, though.

Also, my computer doens't want use the editor, so I won't be able to help much D:

It's ok, playtesters are really importhant too :)

For those who dont know, by the way, I constantly update the first message in this thread, listing all of members interested/working on the project. And we have 8 members now :)

2. I'd absolutely LOVE to have an easter egg room completely green in hoNNor to the original Game Boy

I read that as hoRRor, lol :p
But Wario Land 3 already has a bunch of green caves, so... It would be better if we kind of avoid that... Unless we can make it good

I would love, however, a room that is completly read, to be an homage to the Virtual Boy. Kind of like that one room in Sea Turtle Rocks

I still think you should do it in two sections then or something, because I just don't really like when the chest and key for one colour are got the same way. If you really want it though, go ahead, but I'm not backing it up.
What's wrong between your pc and the editor?

Last edited:
I still think you should do it in two sections then or something, because I just don't really like when the chest and key for one colour are got the same way. If you really want it though, go ahead, but I'm not backing it up.

What's wrong between your pc and the editor?

It's not the key and chest being next to each other that's the real problem. It's repetivness. You gotta cross the gap, fall down, and do flat wario platforming multiple times.
If we put the key in a different room, you will only need to fall in the gap once, and cross the gap once, and the chest still teases Flat Wario, i do want that

This project probably needs quality control. 607, since we are directors, we should take care of that.
Would it be fair if, whatever people design needed aproval from both of us?
Yes, of course.
It's not the key and chest being next to each other that's the real problem. It's repetivness. You gotta cross the gap, fall down, and do flat wario platforming multiple times.
If we put the key in a different room, you will only need to fall in the gap once, and cross the gap once, and the chest still teases Flat Wario, i do want that
Oh, I think I get your point now. I agree. We could potentially replace the key with a music coin then.

Back