[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

If we don't want to base an entire level around it we could also just make it a small part of another level (like I said, the moon maybe).

Reactions: 607
Sorry for not being able to answer until now. Real life stuff.
Also, my computer doens't want use the editor, so I won't be able to help much D:
I'll probably be able to play test, though.
Sorry for the late reply. You probably don't have Java Developer Kit installed to your computer.

Oh, I think I get your point now. I agree. We could potentially replace the key with a music coin then.

I re-designed it. It's now less tedious to get the chest, but the tedious challange remain for the music coin.
I think I like the idea of giving music coins a harder challange

Also, ShyGuyXXL's Wario Coin sprite is in there :p

WarioGoldIdea4ReDesigned.png

I made a condensed version. :p Just imagine the enemies and stuff are there.
puzzle condensed.png

The way WLGP made it it would've taken up about 6 regions. Keep in mind we only have 29 areas per level and we wanna use it well, right?

Can we do it?
It depends on if the level versions have different objects data? Or share the same object data?
I think both options are possible. You can COMPARE 2 levels, and then separate/join data...

Should we do it?
Maybe. Well, if we can find a way it would make sense.
We have your idea of silkies escaping from the tree
And i can actually think of a few

For example, in Pool Of Rain and Bank Of The Wild River, there is an glass/ice block that you make flow up.
We can trap some fish under there, and once the block is lifted up, the fish escape, and swim in the water.
Fish can also be trapped somewhere in Tidle Coast and Beneath The Waves, and once the Oktopi breaks a wall, the fish are released from the trap into the level.

Snakes in pots - that's already in the game. But we can put a bunch of them in a pre-snake treasure, and then going back there after the snakes have been summoned will make the treasure harder.
As well as Zombies in the Forest of Fear

Biig Bridge, and Sea Turtle Rocks - fish appear in the water after Wario cleans the black water. There probably shouldn't be any fish in the Frigid Sea, it's to cold for them.

There are various other events in the game that can help enemyes escape from an area. The earthquake (Volcano's Base, Steep Canyon, Stagnant Swamp), Bombs Explosion, Fire being put out in the creater levels...

How about - and this would be purely esthetical - in the first version of the grasslands the grass in the bachground is very short. But the more missions you unlock the taller it grows. ^^

Now the flat platforming bit is very easy though..
Honestly it didn't look very difficult before. Platforming with flat Wario isn't hard.
How about a challenge involving platforming as dizzy Wario instead? ^^
Edit: not in that puzzle, somewhere else, I mean.

I made a condensed version. :p Just imagine the enemies and stuff are there.
View attachment 137
The way WLGP made it it would've taken up about 6 regions. Keep in mind we only have 29 areas per level and we wanna use it well, right?

I dont want the golf block to be on screen while Wario crosses the gap...
And there aren't much places in the origional where Flat Wario had to platform, so i wanted it...

How about - and this would be purely esthetical - in the first version of the grasslands the grass in the bachground is very short. But the more missions you unlock the taller it grows. ^^

Would the player really notice?

Honestly it didn't look very difficult before. Platforming with flat Wario isn't hard.
How about a challenge involving platforming as dizzy Wario instead? ^^
Edit: not in that puzzle, somewhere else, I mean.

Dizzy Wario doesn't have anything good about him. And if we force the player into it, it would not be good...

I dont want the golf block to be on screen while Wario crosses the gap...
And there aren't much places in the origional where Flat Wario had to platform, so i wanted it...
Okay but at least try to fit it into 4 areas.
Would the player really notice?

Who cares? So what if he doesn't notice? We have nothing to lose! I love attention to detail in my games and if only one player notices it and thinks "Wow, that's really cool!" then it was worth it!
I will make it noticable!

Dizzy Wario doesn't have anything good about him. And if we force the player into it, it would not be good...
I don't see what would be so bad about it. It's a challenge. At least for a music coin!

Not a puzzle but a platforming section. Since Dizzy Wario is a lot more difficult to control than flat Wario I could imagine a platforming section with small platforms, spikes and/or maybe some other enemies could get pretty challenging.

I'll try it out right now. ^^

Yes, that's a great idea!
Not a puzzle but a platforming section. Since Dizzy Wario is a lot more difficult to control than flat Wario I could imagine a platforming section with small platforms, spikes and/or maybe some other enemies could get pretty challenging.

Looking forward to what you come up with ^.^

How and why will the player be forced to become dizzie? And do they have to solve the entire puzzle just to get out dizziness?

Back