[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Okay, I put the rom in my folder in the gurgle drive :p
Just enter the grasslands and go into the door right at the start.

DANG IT! I accidentally closed Word without saving! SINCE WH... Excuse me, since when does Word not give me a pop-up!!!

Time to eat...

ShyGuyXXL, May I ask where you can edit Enemy Sprites? I want to try something? Especially with Spearhead.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about this, I should have said the following earlier: I'm in my pre-exam year of middle school, plus I have my own project to work on, so I may not be able to help extremely much. I WILL do my absolute best to do as much as I can, though.

Last edited:
DANG IT! I accidentally closed Word without saving! SINCE WH... Excuse me, since when does Word not give me a pop-up!!!

Time to eat...
You should remember to save more often :3
For the enemy sprites, you can just do edit under object set, then edit under the object you want to edit, right? Or do you mean something different?

Okay, I put the rom in my folder in the gurgle drive :p
Just enter the grasslands and go into the door right at the start.

I certaibnly like the idea :)
But this puzzle was a bit hard for me... until i figured out the strategy. You have to jump as soon as Wario changes direction...
I'm afraid people will find it to hard...

I certaibnly like the idea :)
But this puzzle was a bit hard for me... until i figured out the strategy. You have to jump as soon as Wario changes direction...
I'm afraid people will find it to hard...
Well, that's the point. That you have to figure out the strategy. In the original all the player had to do with dizzy Wario was jump around to find water or enemies to turn back but he never had to take take the time to figure out how dizzy Wario actually works. He has to with this puzzle tho. ^^

Reactions: 607
Well, that's the point. That you have to figure out the strategy. In the original all the player had to do with dizzy Wario was jump around to find water or enemies to turn back but he never had to take take the time to figure out how dizzy Wario actually works. He has to with this puzzle tho. ^^

You're got a point there :)

These guys need more apretiaation!
They were only used twice in the entire game, both of them immedietly after you learn the ground pound

upload_2014-10-10_19-38-10.png

So, today when I had finished my Latin test, people started drawing things. So I figured I should do so too. I tried to make an Out of the Woods level, but the inspiration just didn't catch on or something :( It's actually very hard to design levels for this game, much, much harder than for a game like wario land or wario land 4.

So, today when I had finished my Latin test, people started drawing things. So I figured I should do so too. I tried to make an Out of the Woods level, but the inspiration just didn't catch on or something :( It's actually very hard to design levels for this game, much, much harder than for a game like wario land or wario land 4.

Yeah, we already talked about this.
It's because of the non-lineraty. The power-ups. The exploration, and stuff

been to busy to do anything productive... we're getting so much homework at uni...

Also, random note for gameplay designers: Mad Scientist is a heavy enemy. Wario can not pick him up without the golden gloves - final powerup in the game

Okay, for out of the woods:
Grey chest at the beginning of the game, red chest after you learn to ground pound, green chest when the leaves come falling down, blue chest when the tree opens. Right? So you need to work all of that into the level so you get the right chests at the right time.

Okay, for out of the woods:
Grey chest at the beginning of the game, red chest after you learn to ground pound, green chest when the leaves come falling down, blue chest when the tree opens. Right? So you need to work all of that into the level so you get the right chests at the right time.

You also need to take power-ups into account.
Grey: no powerups (can only break cracked blocks, and only from the sides, can not pick up enemyes or swim, big enemyes take 2 hits to kill)

Red: + Ground Pound (use Platform Frogs, and cracked Blocks)

Green: +Swim (but not agaist currents), +Pick up and throw small enemyes, +Super Charge (break Solid blocks, kill big enemyes in 1 hit), + Super Ground Pound (break solid blocks, and create an earthquake that bounces the enemyes up), +High Jump (by holding UP, or jumping of enemyes)

Blue: + Swim Against Currents, +Pick Up Big enemyes

Yeah... I think we're gonna need requirement lists like that for all the levels.

I plan to create this. I'm just a bit to busy with homework and stuff.

I was just experimenting with the Credits Editor, and I see that we can edit the font graphics here.
Which means we can have a custom font for the credits, or we can add an "&" symbol, and credit "Nintendo R&D1" instead of just "Nintendo RD1" like it is in the game.
Or even create a small "Wario Forums" icon, thought with only 12 tiles avaible, that's probably not really an option

So.
I've been experimenting with the credits editor, and seeing how nice I can make the credits look.
Trying to make them nice and colorful.

Oh, and the nice thing about the credits editor (as well as the dialog editor), is that it can actually be transfered from rom to rom, due to it being text that can be copyed in the editor.

I know that the credits aren't final, but let me know what you think of them. I mean the structure, and the colors of it, and stuff like that

By the way, now I know why the big music is all mono-chrome during the credits, and only becomes colorful after the credits.
It's because Nintendo used up all 8 color pallets for the credits themselves (Red Letter, Yellow Letter, Green Letter, Music Box 1/5, MB2, MB3, MB4, and blank).
But after the credits are over, and the music box stops spinning, Nintendo is able to have the world inside the music box be full and colorful.

I love how using a level editor helps you learn more about the game.

I remember trying out a SMB1 editor, and i leanred that a lot of stuff in SMB1 are programmed really weirdly in order to save memory

Back