[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

The gameboy can take 10 sprites per horizontal line before it starts flickering. But most enemies take up at least 2 sprites horizontally. If they're vertically separated the gameboy can handle up to 40 sprites. I don't know about game engine limits, but I think it can take quite a few enemies.
Hm. Because I have a grey key that doesn't appear in the right place. I also placed it elsewhere to see it it would work there, and it flickered on and off when the pinheads extended and went back in their block. Maybe that's because pinheads take way more than 2 sprites horizontally. I'll play around with it and see if I can make the other key appear. (Oh, and I just thought I may have done something very stupid, so don't invest time in this, maybe I just made a mistake :rolleyes:)

I think we should come up with a name for the editor.
Like "Wario Magic".
Or "Rudy's Volcano".
Does anyone have any ideas for the name of the editor?
Hm, those are not that great, I think :p Is it that necessary? Yeah, I guess it would be nice.
Would a fall in entrance work?
Exactly. That's what I was getting at. It looks like you're great at level design, Delsait! Do you know a boss where we could do something with transformations?

WOW WOW WOW, I'm absent for one day and I miss so much!
Ok so...

1. Delsait: are you well known with Wario Land 3? If so would you like to join as a Stage Designer/ Puzzle concept kind of guy? I feel like you have some great inspiration in your head.

I'm very famliar with the game, and even played through it again recently. I have schoolwork as well though, but I'll give ideas when I can!

Reactions: 607
Hm, those are not that great, I think :p Is it that necessary? Yeah, I guess it would be nice.

It would just be nicer if our editor had a good name :)

I'm very famliar with the game, and even played through it again recently. I have schoolwork as well though, but I'll give ideas when I can!
So, should I add you to the list of developers as "Level Design" and "Gameplay Design" ?

Thank goodness I did not miss any news, so does anyone have any news or progress or stuff?

Well, I did upload the incomplete Treasure Database.
if you want to, you could take a look at it, and check for errors :p
My god, I have to say: You did a terrific job.

EDIT: Although there are some spelling errors, I already fixed one, and I'll keep my eyes out for more.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for putting this in a separate box but...
I'm going to put a V behind things that had to be checked for my own memory, I'll remove them when I'm done, but if you check the database now, you are informed.

We could get some puzzle ideas from the special colourful rooms in Wario Land 4. It has much better puzzles than Wario Land 3 for the most part, and a lot of them would be possible to replicate in our hack.

Reactions: 356
We could get some puzzle ideas from the special colourful rooms in Wario Land 4. It has much better puzzles than Wario Land 3 for the most part, and a lot of them would be possible to replicate in our hack.

I assume you mean the Purple Pipe Puzzle Rooms?
Yeah, we could borrow some ideas from Wario Land 4.
Thing of it is, we don't have the WL4 !-switches and !-blocks in this engine

Yes.
But as a reminder, I am doing a Treasure Map, so this information will be in there
Hmm, true, well, I guess I'll leave that up to you then.
So can I put "All Correct" on top of the Required list? All typos are gone and the material there is all correct.

Back