[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

The simple answer is:
Yes
and
Yes!

The slightly more complex answer is:
No, that's not a dumb question.
Yes, we can move bosses to other locations, even other stages.
And yes, I actually find your idea of mixing Power-ups with bosses a great idea, and we can indeed move power-ups to other stages.

Thats awesome!!

Yes, that's definitely possible. You can put the bosses in every place you want, but, you're not able to have any other enemy than the boss itself with a boss in a room. So I think the second answer would actually be no.
You can put vampires in normal sections of the level, with other enemies like the sitting frog, but you can't put vampires, or any enemy for that matter, in with a boss. The only things that can be together with a boss are keys, chests and wario (music) coins. And tiles of course, as you see in this video.

Interesting!

Would it be possible to make the boss fight accessible from a walk in area? As in one of the areas, you could enter just by watching to the edge of screen as those allow you to keep transformations?

I was thinking there could be a Vampire bat in the area before the boss room, then you could walk into the boss room as Vampire Wario assuming its a walk in entrance.

Thats awesome!!

Interesting!

Would it be possible to make the boss fight accessible from a walk in area? As in one of the areas, you could enter just by watching to the edge of screen as those allow you to keep transformations?

I was thinking there could be a Vampire bat in the area before the boss room, then you could walk into the boss room as Vampire Wario assuming its a walk in entrance.
Good idea! I think I have an idea to work around the problem wariolandgoldpiramid mentioned. I'll try something out tomorrow :)

I just got an idea for a new treasure.
The red treasure you get in Cave Of Flames in a Car. Why don't we make it look like Wario's car from Wario Land 4?
It will be like: "that's where Wario got his Car"

I just got an idea for a new treasure.
The red treasure you get in Cave Of Flames in a Car. Why don't we make it look like Wario's car from Wario Land 4?
It will be like: "that's where Wario got his Car"
But it's been said that Dr. Crygor made his car.
Also it would be pretty hard to make Wario's car look good in a 16x16 sprite.

Reactions: 607
All right, that's enought work for today, time to go to bed :)

Progress report:
The Treasure Map is 58% complete

And if anyone wants to help error-check the Treasure Database, feel free to view and edit it :)
It's in the Drive Folder

But it's been said that Dr. Crygor made his car.
Also it would be pretty hard to make Wario's car look good in a 16x16 sprite.
Plus it should still be red, green, blue or yellow.
Actually, I wonder how the treasure palettes work, I'm not too sure, actually...

Wario's Bike is made by Dr Crygor. Wario's car is a real Diablo II
Taken from the Wario Ware Inc. manual:
I am Dr. Crygor, the genius scholar. The others have said a "dangerous" scholar, but I pay no mind to their opinions. My labatory is set up to further my experiments in reality games. Feel free to stop by and contribute to my research. It is quite fun. Did you know that I was the one who created Wario's car? What? You do not know? Do your research!
lol
Yeah! Honestly, JoKeR! Do your research!
;P
He ALSO created Wario's bike, Mona's scooter, 9-Volt's hover/skateboard, Jimmy's Phone, etc.

WOW WOW WOW, I'm absent for one day and I miss so much!
Ok so...

1. Delsait: are you well known with Wario Land 3? If so would you like to join as a Stage Designer/ Puzzle concept kind of guy? I feel like you have some great inspiration in your head.

2. I'll check out the Treasure Database tomorrow.

3. Tomorrow I'll make sure I'm online for most of the day.

See you guys tomorrow!

I downloaded version 0.4.1 of the editor, can't you export seperate subtiles instead of a whole set?
That would make much more sense actually :p
Does anyone know what the sprite limit is?
The gameboy can take 10 sprites per horizontal line before it starts flickering. But most enemies take up at least 2 sprites horizontally. If they're vertically separated the gameboy can handle up to 40 sprites. I don't know about game engine limits, but I think it can take quite a few enemies.

About the editor, I've got level importing/exporting pretty much working now. There're a few more things I'd like to do, but v0.5 should be out soon :)

Reactions: 607
That would make much more sense actually :p

The gameboy can take 10 sprites per horizontal line before it starts flickering. But most enemies take up at least 2 sprites horizontally. If they're vertically separated the gameboy can handle up to 40 sprites. I don't know about game engine limits, but I think it can take quite a few enemies.

About the editor, I've got level importing/exporting pretty much working now. There're a few more things I'd like to do, but v0.5 should be out soon :)

Yeah, I read something like that on your thread about the editor on the RomHacking Forums. But that's awesome! I can't wait for the new release!

Back