[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I have a question. Does anyone know if there is a document listing which enemy sets contain which enemies? I think someone should make one, because I obviously don't feel like going through all of them every time :p

Sorry to interrupt but can I change my position of "Level Designer" as "Research & Analysis" & "Playtester"?

Because I've very short time to design levels and takes very much time to me making them.
And tests are coming and I can't lose time on my studies. :\

I apologies.

Sorry to interrupt but can I change my position of "Level Designer" as "Research & Analysis" & "Playtester"?

Because I've very short time to design levels and takes very much time to me making them.
And tests are coming and I can't lose time on my studies. :\

I apologies.
I hope you'll be able to help us later :)

Also, I got a little problem I think. When editing item sprites, I can't change their palette. When I change it from palette 0 to palette 2 for example, and click ok, it just goes back to 0 again.

Dudes! DUUUDES!

I WILL MAKE YOU SO MANY SPRITES!!!

I WILL DRAW AAAAALL THE SPRITES!

SPRIIIIIIITE!
Sprite.jpg

No, seriously now, I'd love to be an artist for the game.

In fact, I'm gonna go right now and edit some sprites. :3

I like the idea, and I'll support the hack (as well as review it when it's released).

But unfortunately, I don't think I can work on it. Two reasons:

1. My main skills are in graphics ripping. Wario Land 3's graphics are already pretty much as good as they can get, and it's not intended to be a crossover (from what I can tell), so there's no real need for any ripped graphics here.

2. Mario's Nightmare Quest. I can't work on multiple ROM hacking projects at once, and to be honest, my level design skills are such that I'd do better working on a traditional Mario platformer than a Wario Land puzzle platformer due to how much more... thought out the level design needs to be in the latter. That and I need to get the former over and done with soon, as well as to quit ROM hacking at the first possible opportunity.

But I wish you good luck with it, and when you've got some progress to show, I can upload a video to my Youtube account and posts some news on Nintendo 3DS Daily to publicise it.

1. My main skills are in graphics ripping. Wario Land 3's graphics are already pretty much as good as they can get, and it's not intended to be a crossover (from what I can tell), so there's no real need for any ripped graphics here.
If I'm gonna do sprites for the game then I'm gonna need all the original sprites from Wario Land 3.
So all tiles, all enemies, etc.
Some of it is already on the spriters resource but there's still so much we need.
Anyone know any sites with WL3 sprites?

For my first edit I turned the music coin into a Wario coin! ^^
If you like it I will of course do the rotating sprites as well.

Attachments

• WAAARIO.png
    WAAARIO.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 600
  • WAAARIO2.png
    WAAARIO2.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 619
Smash Ball
If Smash Bros doesn't wan't to give Wario Land any recognition then I don't wanna give Smash Bros any in our game.

Edit:
Fronk (warioware)
Keep in mind when suggesting treasure ideas that I only have a space of 16x16 pixels to work with and something like that would look really strange since I'd have to scale him down and change some of the details and stuff. I can try but I guarantee he will look kinda stupid.

Edit2:

It would have to look something like this:

Attachments

• frooonk.png
    frooonk.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of replyes in just one night! :)

nayrran, regadless of the job, your help is apretiated :)
Perhaps you can start doing some R&A :p

ShyGuyXXL, nice to have you on board :)
I like the Wario coin sprite you created. Althought I have a feeling that it could be better, but maby that's just me

CM30, thanks for the feedback :)

Thank you CM30 :) And thank you ShyGuyXXL. Spriting is a very important thing, obviously, and music coins are a good thing to change. I like your design, because I know how tough it is to work with so little pixels :)
I do indeed agree, that the treasures have to be styled like the other ones. They also don't have too many pixels, so not everything is really doable. But I don't think there's a way for me to import the sprites, so if you want to make things usable for the rom, you should download the editor and edit an actual rom, I think.

ShyGuyXXL, nice to have you on board :)
I like the Wario coin sprite you created. Althought I have a feeling that it could be better, but maby that's just me
Yeah, I thought the same. There are some details here and there that I'll improve.

I do indeed agree, that the treasures have to be styled like the other ones. They also don't have too many pixels, so not everything is really doable. But I don't think there's a way for me to import the sprites, so if you want to make things usable for the rom, you should download the editor and edit an actual rom, I think.

Yeah, also there are only red, blue, green and yellow treasures and we should keep that to make it look consistent.

Reactions: 607
Back