[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Blargg!
468824-blaarg_large.jpg

By the way, Drenn, what do the 2 Properties "Metatiles" and "Flags" in the TileSet Editor do?
I couldn't find anything specific about it in the readme besides "don't fuck eround with them" or something.

Also btw: The "pink" paragoom isn't just used once. It's also in the tutorial movies and once in A Town in Chaos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
*facepalm* How stupid I am.
By the way this idea is form WL2, I have played this game on my android smartphone and there is area like this.
I think we don't need on every area a puzzle we can make some easy area and many hard are.:cool:
And ShyGuyXXL that are Pipes there concept arts because I haven't no Time anymore.
And I have a question Dreen is there a Gameshark Code Patcher for GBC roms ?

The thing with the pipes is that you can only enter warping pipes vertically. There are no pipe tiles that you can enter from the sides.
(You could technically put a warp tile into a horizontal pipe but then Wario won't come out the other end the way he usually does)
Also keep in mind that an up-facing pipe always has to be connected to a down-facing one and vice versa. Wario can't go down a pipe and then come up out the other end.

PS: No offence but you gotta work on your english skills, dude. I can hardly understand you sometimes.

Reactions: 607
*facepalm* How stupid I am.
By the way this idea is form WL2, I have played this game on my android smartphone and there is area like this.
I think we don't need in every area a puzzle we can make some easy area and many hard are.:cool:
And ShyGuyXXL that are Pipes there are bad because I haven't any Time Tod do more.
And I have a question Dreen is there a Gameshark Code Patcher for GBC roms ?

I... Have a few tips for you before you make any new stage puzzles:

1. Replay the game, but when playing it, don't do it just for fun: look at how the stages are layed out, and what the puzzles look like, and learn from it.

2. LEARN how the Editor works: how animations work when they are activated (such as with pipes) and how Sectors and Warps work. You CAN NOT use different destinations per warp, because destinations work through Sectors, not through individual warps.

3. When creating a level: take into consideration the Treasure Database and the All Object Sets list. Treasure Database because you can know when a puzzle is available and when not. All Object Sets because you used a non-existing and impossible object set here: Spearheads and Eye Walls are never in the same Object Set and CAN never be in the same Object Set. You would have to use Paragooms then.

Oh, and another thing, Wasch.
This game has a different level structure than Wario Land 2.
It doesn't have levels with individual missions.
It has 25 levels, 4 treasures each, with an open worlkd backtracking metroidvania.

So, we can not create a tutorial level, but what we can do is slowly introduce the various game mechanics as the playthrought goes on

Did you see my question, Drenn?
By the way, Drenn, what do the 2 Properties "Metatiles" and "Flags" in the TileSet Editor do?
I couldn't find anything specific about it in the readme besides "don't fuck eround with them" or something.

Also btw: The "pink" paragoom isn't just used once. It's also in the tutorial movies and once in A Town in Chaos.

Did you see my question, Drenn?
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot your question. Metatiles provide the data for which 4 subtiles make up one metatile. Flags store the data for which flags each of the 4 subtiles have (palettes, flipping, etc). I've recently discovered that these 2 values can't exactly be treated independently. They should always match, or at least be close to each other in value.

I think we should make a plan. I really don't know what to do at the moment.
Neither do I. Saturday I will go to uni ti see what I want to do in the future, and for the rest I think I'll work on my Outside the Woods level, and my own game.

Also, WarioLGP, I noticed I did not have documentation (R&A) next to my name in the first post.

Oh geez... looking at the Steep Canyon tilesets makes me wish there was a copy/paste feature in the level editor. x.x
They're made up of 4 tiles each so you can't just fill up an area with one tile. Instead you have to place them all one by one. :U

Back