[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

I have created new graphics.
Spikes from Wario Land 2. ( Are working with Spike more rigged Bahivior great.)
f5efef114a.png

Train seat from Wario Land 2.
0660298e40.png

Vases from Wario Land 2.
71cd9d2333.png
Now you just need to color the backgrounds properly. ^^

How the heck do I make appearing and disappearing platforms like in Above the Clouds? I gave them the same tile effects and everything but they don't work...

Reactions: 607
So... for example when I use the palette flashing of the underground area in Out of the woods (that makes the lighting change) the platform will only be solid on that one frame where the background is the darkest....or something like that...

Reactions: 607
Here's some bad news: My PC with my Inside the Woods stage's WiFi USB Connector (That Laptop was really old) has broken, so unfortunately, I'm incapable of working on that stage for A WHILE. I do have editor on this laptop now, but I think I'm just going to remain Stand-by here and wait until we have some plans going.

Random Fun-Fact Time! My favorite Wario Land 3 Stage is Out of the Woods, due to it's great way of introducing you to the games mechanics and design:
-For the Gray Treasure, the game only allows you to go right at first, however, you will soon notice a few downward paths and a door. Due to your gaming instincts, you will probably enter the door, because doors usually mean goodies. But, when you enter the door you find out you can't do a lot of things: you can't swim. You should probably realize now that you're going to be backtracking in this game. Now you go outside, and see a trail up: because you notice going right brings you to the next area, you WILL go up, and you WILL find the Gray Key. You continue going right, and you notice a few things: a slope on one side of the room, and a space one the right you can't reach. This will make you wonder what you have to with them, and you'll try stuff at the slope. Eventually, you'll find out about rolling, and you get a Music Coin. You will by now have also seen a Tree with a giant face, and a flame. The Tree is probably important sometime, and for the fire: you have seen purple blocks with Fire Symbols on them: they will be connected! You now enter the last door, see some obstacles, and maneuver you're way over them, finding a GRAY Chest, your brain will be like: "Oh hey! I probably need to find Keys to open treasure in this game!" Also, after this treasure, you will notice that each stage has 8 Music Coins, and because you've seen one, you know what you are looking for. This Treasure also triggers a Cutscene, teaching you that you will go around getting treasures to change stuff in the overworld.

-Red Treasure: you will have just gotten the Ground Pound ability, and because of this being early in the game, you will probably go to this stage. In the first playthrough, you will have noticed a Platform Frog, which you also saw in the Tutorial Video. So you know where to go! You go there, go down, and find a room with TONS of Ground Pound Blocks! In this area, you will find out what your Ground Pound can do now. Also Flat Wario is here. You will also be introduced to the Golf Minigame, which is also great!

After this, everything has been introduced, but it's still a nice detail that the 4 treasures here are:
-The First Treasure
-The first use of an Upgrade
-An Upgrade
-The Last Treasure

Overall, this stage is AMAZING at introducing you to this games mechanics.

Last edited:
Here's some bad news: My PC with my Inside the Woods stage's WiFi USB Connector (That Laptop was really old) has broken, so unfortunately, I'm incapable of working on that stage for A WHILE. I do have editor on this laptop now, but I think I'm just going to remain Stand-by here and wait until we have some plans going.

Random Fun-Fact Time! My favorite Wario Land 3 Stage is Out of the Woods, due to it's great way of introducing you to the games mechanics and design:
-For the Gray Treasure, the game only allows you to go right at first, however, you will soon notice a few downward paths and a door. Due to your gaming instincts, you will probably enter the door, because doors usually mean goodies. But, when you enter the door you find out you can't do a lot of things: you can't swim. You should probably realize now that you're going to be backtracking in this game. Now you go outside, and see a trail up: because you notice going right brings you to the next area, you WILL go up, and you WILL find the Gray Key. You continue going right, and you notice a few things: a slope on one side of the room, and a space one the right you can't reach. This will make you wonder what you have to with them, and you'll try stuff at the slope. Eventually, you'll find out about rolling, and you get a Music Coin. You will by now have also seen a Tree with a giant face, and a flame. The Tree is probably important sometime, and for the fire: you have seen purple blocks with Fire Symbols on them: they will be connected! You now enter the last door, see some obstacles, and maneuver you're way over them, finding a GRAY Chest, your brain will be like: "Oh hey! I probably need to find Keys to open treasure in this game!" Also, after this treasure, you will notice that each stage has 8 Music Coins, and because you've seen one, you know what you are looking for. This Treasure also triggers a Cutscene, teaching you that you will go around getting treasures to change stuff in the overworld.

-Red Treasure: you will have just gotten the Ground Pound ability, and because of this being early in the game, you will probably go to this stage. In the first playthrough, you will have noticed a Platform Frog, which you also saw in the Tutorial Video. So you know where to go! You go there, go down, and find a room with TONS of Ground Pound Blocks! In this area, you will find out what your Ground Pound can do now. Also Flat Wario is here. You will also be introduced to the Golf Minigame, which is also great!

After this, everything has been introduced, but it's still a nice detail that the 4 treasures here are:
-The First Treasure
-The first use of an Upgrade
-An Upgrade
-The Last Treasure

Overall, this stage is AMAZING at introducing you to this games mechanics.
Wait. What happened? What stopped working? Didn't you have a backup somewhere?

Wait. What happened? What stopped working? Didn't you have a backup somewhere?
Basically, my Laptop on which I first worked on WL3 Hacking used a USB Stick which works as a WiFi Connector. That thing broke, which means I can't go online on that for, say, until I buy a new one, which will probably be somewhere begin next year. I don't have that stage anymore now, and while I can work on it (and trust me, I will if I can) I can't upload it to Drive, can't upload videos about it, nothing.

Basically, my Laptop on which I first worked on WL3 Hacking used a USB Stick which works as a WiFi Connector. That thing broke, which means I can't go online on that for, say, until I buy a new one, which will probably be somewhere begin next year. I don't have that stage anymore now, and while I can work on it (and trust me, I will if I can) I can't upload it to Drive, can't upload videos about it, nothing.
But, can't you move the files of the hack to an other computer using an usb stick? (I should really go to sleep now xD)

Maybe. Collab projects tend to collapse without a good leader. I know, I failed to run one on a previous site I owned...

Back