[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Maybe. Collab projects tend to collapse without a good leader. I know, I failed to run one on a previous site I owned...
Well... For one I managed to revive the stage I was working on. (In case you were not informed I was working on a full Out of the Woods stage I named 'Inside the Woods')

I made some progress on it, changed the treasures to being Red instead of Gray, and did some preparation for later. Work on the full stage will continue tomorrow HOPEFULLY, otherwise somewhere next week due to the release of 'curtain games' in Europe upcoming Friday.

I'm probably not the best director eather, as i haven't done much on organizing the collebarative process.

I think it will be a while before we have a final version of even one level.
Of course, Haiko has nice ideas for Out Of The Woods, but i know that no one can garantee perfection immedietly. No matter how good a first attempt is, there's Always room for improvement, tweeks and such.

Hey DRENN, there is a request for you down below in this post!

Well, I haven't done anything on it since this thread went so inactive.
Well then, how's THIS for a wake-up call to everyone in this group:

And because nobody is doing ANYTHING, here is a list I will come up RIGHT NOW of things that I think can be done at the moment:
-Super Wario Glitch Abuse
-Error Checking the Cutscene Videos in the Treasure Database
-Creating Custom Key and Treasure Sprites
-Drenn, could you make a ROM with the use of some ASM that loads one stage and all power-ups on the start of the game? This way we can create Demos with only one stage in it

There, how's that.

• Useful
Reactions: 607
I am SO sorry for stepping in DIRECTOR territory so much lately, but I don't want this project to die.
So for EVERYTHING that this Project has to offer, here is a HUGE list of things you can DO now: https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3FzH90kWa17TWh5Z1I1R3dTYWM
It's the To Do List.

It's in the Drive Folder, in my New and Improved Folder, so PLEASE check it out, because I don't want this to die.
Wow, be careful with the caps please :\ I think you should use italic instead.
Hey DRENN, there is a request for you down below in this post!

Well then, how's THIS for a wake-up call to everyone in this group:

And because nobody is doing ANYTHING, here is a list I will come up RIGHT NOW of things that I think can be done at the moment:
-Super Wario Glitch Abuse
-Error Checking the Cutscene Videos in the Treasure Database
-Creating Custom Key and Treasure Sprites
-Drenn, could you make a ROM with the use of some ASM that loads one stage and all power-ups on the start of the game? This way we can create Demos with only one stage in it

There, how's that.

Thank you for that, although I think I don't have any time for any project anymore, because I'm trying to not use my iPad or pc anymore after 20.00.

Although, what do you mean by "Error Checking the Cutscene Videos in the Treasure Database"?

Wow, be careful with the caps please :\ I think you should use italic instead.

Thank you for that, although I think I don't have any time for any project anymore, because I'm trying to not use my iPad or pc anymore after 20.00.

Although, what do you mean by "Error Checking the Cutscene Videos in the Treasure Database"?

Yeah, I think I should have used Bold, because I was trying to put emphasis on those words.

I mean check if all Treasure Cutscenes are on tge right spots in the Database.

Yeah, this thread has bit unactive, hasn't it?

All right, Haiko, I'm going to give some feedback on your video now d:)
And some sujjestions for possible improvements

0:15 Hmm... It might be a bit to easy to get here. But at the same time, it is the very first treasure of the game, and the player still has to get the key, so i guess it can work d:p
0:24 Since you will be getting this treasure when you have GP, but don't have S-GP, it will take a long time for the player to push the frog down, so I would sujjest improving that section. Make it so you have to push the frog a smaller distance before you can just drop down. And of course, don't forget to add a way back up d:)
0:32 I don't really see a point to putting the apple guy in a cage d:p
Also, I think that the Chest should also be in that underground area
1:16 I really like the idea of using these leaves platforms, but there's very little challange to get there. I think this can use improvements
1:37 First slope in the game goes left, but does it serve a purpose? If it's not useful, it's not good for an introduction to the game's mechanics
1:40 It's easy to not notice this ladder. Ladders shouldn't be like this, at the very bottom of the screen
2:00 And this might be to hard for the first chest. I don't know. The mechanics are basic and minimal, but it's underground... While in the origional, you don't go underground... Maby it's the Narrative, but something here kind of bugs me... And i don't know what...
3:00 Yeah, try to make it easier
3:47 This puzzle is much better now d:)

But where's the tree that will open it's mouth?

Yeah, this thread has bit unactive, hasn't it?

All right, Haiko, I'm going to give some feedback on your video now d:)
And some sujjestions for possible improvements

0:15 Hmm... It might be a bit to easy to get here. But at the same time, it is the very first treasure of the game, and the player still has to get the key, so i guess it can work d:p
0:24 Since you will be getting this treasure when you have GP, but don't have S-GP, it will take a long time for the player to push the frog down, so I would sujjest improving that section. Make it so you have to push the frog a smaller distance before you can just drop down. And of course, don't forget to add a way back up d:)
0:32 I don't really see a point to putting the apple guy in a cage d:p
Also, I think that the Chest should also be in that underground area
1:16 I really like the idea of using these leaves platforms, but there's very little challange to get there. I think this can use improvements
1:37 First slope in the game goes left, but does it serve a purpose? If it's not useful, it's not good for an introduction to the game's mechanics
1:40 It's easy to not notice this ladder. Ladders shouldn't be like this, at the very bottom of the screen
2:00 And this might be to hard for the first chest. I don't know. The mechanics are basic and minimal, but it's underground... While in the origional, you don't go underground... Maby it's the Narrative, but something here kind of bugs me... And i don't know what...
3:00 Yeah, try to make it easier
3:47 This puzzle is much better now d:)

But where's the tree that will open it's mouth?

Aaaaaaaalll right then, I'll do improvements when I can. The tree is there, right.in front of the fire near the Red treasure entrance. At least he should be...

Also remember this is not a stage in our game. (Right?)

Yhea that with thing the Power Up was my idea for that I needed a Game Genie patcher but the problem Game genie can only mainpulate the ram Form 02 to 7FFF but the Power Up variable is CA3C D: but we can manipulate the ram if drenn wirte a custom ASM that make CA3C everytime to value 09 then er have it. The End. xD
No need for ASM. The area from 0000-7FFF is ROM. CA3C is part of the RAM. Game genie codes can only edit ROM, while gameshark codes can only edit RAM. So what you want is a gameshark code.

The code: 01093CCA

bgb makes it easy to make gameshark codes if you know the address already. TY waschpenner for doing half the work for me. :p

Anyway, like half the other people in this thread my motivation to work on this is waning. Can't really say I expected it to stick though. Not that I'm throwing the towel in - I know there are still things like full titlescreen editing you want to do - I'll still be around, just probably not as productive as I was at first. :p

Ok, everyone who is still active here, we are going to have to have a bit of a large conversation someday about the future of this project.

I suggest Google Hangouts.

I have a nice update!

Because of a task I had to do for school, I had to make a website. I decided I wanted to make a website for this project, and I invested hours of my spare time in order to learn more of HTML and CSS. And here it is!!!
http://www.informatica-cals.nl/hjong/

I will leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not we will use it, I can also not change the URL of the site.
If anyone finds any bugs or errors, please inform me.

EDIT: I am already informed of the miss scaling that happens after you make the window smaller. Unfortunately, I can't fix any bugs right away, as the server for editing will go down for a while. After a few weeks, I can edit it again though!

Hey, guys. I'm really sorry I haven't been here for a while but A) I've been very busy with my school projects and stuff and B) Once again, I didn't get notifications that people have been posting here.
I'm still very much interested in the project but yeah, I also feel like we need some sort of boost...

Say, Drenn, have you figured out anything about making custom animated tiles?

Hey, guys. I'm really sorry I haven't been here for a while but A) I've been very busy with my school projects and stuff and B) Once again, I didn't get notifications that people have been posting here.
I'm still very much interested in the project but yeah, I also feel like we need some sort of boost...

Say, Drenn, have you figured out anything about making custom animated tiles?
Yo! ShyGuy, long time no see! I created a to do list, it's in my folder, so if you want something to do, you can check that out! You can add stuff, or add comments in Italic something, like WarioLGP has done.

I still can't guarantee I'll be able to do much in the next few weeks...
I want to use my time to work on my school projects. I'm already a bit behind. Sorry.

• Agree
Back