Do you have any pet peeves?

Yes, unfortunately. Scoring is a great collaboration, and as such the conductors/orchestraters get most of the credit because they're technically responsible for what we hear in the film.

Granted, this isn't always the case as some composers also orchestrate their own work. This is especially true for modern scores.

It's not terribly uncommon for the orchestraters to get top billing and notability, however this doesn't mean they are uncredited necessarily. Simply that the conductors get more attention in the long run. I should mention that this is much more common with older scorings, where as the more recent films give full credit to it's composers (who, like I said above, also conduct and orchestrate usually).

To be honest, no particular examples come to mind, but I'm sure I've seen this and similar situations more than once.

Tinnitus is the hearing of sound when no external sound is present.[1] While often described as a ringing, it may also sound like a clicking, hiss or roaring.[2] Rarely, unclear voices or music are heard.

Ringing roaring nd unclear voices i hear. plus the low pitched hum. Good thing is i ain't going crazy. bad thing is THE DOCTOR DIDN'T SAY A DAMN THING. well whatever.

On an opposite note, it does bug me when people act completely dismissive of Wikipedia. I mean yeah you shouldn't cite it for research but it also isn't an anarchic internet wasteland either.

Yes, I do praise Wikipedia a lot, it was a great initiative and it was (still is) used a lot. Most info on there has proper references and are accurate. Although, like I said, anyone can edit and change it to whatever lies they want to come up with. I'm sure the control on that is better, now, though.

Back