Do you have any pet peeves?

I'm sick of the radio switching to the news after playing a song. So then what I do is switch the station, but then that station also talks about the news as well shortly after doing so. Blah, just play songs. I don't need to constantly hear about the crappy things happening in this world.

Being around people who are on their phone and walking around aimlessly gives me some sort of anxiety. I know it's essentially natural, but still.

People standing on the very edge of a busy road with their heads buried in their phones. Just last week we had a run in with one of those, and it really throws off your concentration while your driving.

The world having it out for you because you use your left hand for somethings.

You saying that reminds me of a friend I have, and I have to point this out now : p

left handed people ALWAYS going on about being left handed : p It drives me crazy after awhile, like for real, no one cares about this other than left handed people : p

I know so many left handed people that I cant understand why they think its such a big deal : p

You saying that reminds me of a friend I have, and I have to point this out now : p

left handed people ALWAYS going on about being left handed : p It drives me crazy after awhile, like for real, no one cares about this other than left handed people : p

I know so many left handed people that I cant understand why they think its such a big deal : p

Why is this even such a big deal? Around 10 percent of people are left-handed. I'm not, but I can't really see a reason why people act so upset and/or surprised. Though I can see why some things may be harder for left-handed people, since many tools and such are made for right-handed people. But then again, most tools can be used by both without any difference. It's not like you're someone special or so.

It does occasionally give me the rather dark thought of how far we can push the boundaries of what's considered "acceptable"

No, no you bringing up sexuality reminded me of how homosexuality was treated as a mental illness and how there's still some mental disorders that are still stigmatized. I don't really want to go to further into that.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Inclinations and urges arent something that you can control, but actions are.

Its okay to not be supportive of all actions done by others.

Saying that =/= kill those of a different opinion, obviously. But I think that having some line is better than saying "we cant control it", when it comes to actions done by others. Sexual relations are 100% done by the participants, an urging to do something is not the same as an action taken.

• Friendly
Why is this even such a big deal? Around 10 percent of people are left-handed. I'm not, but I can't really see a reason why people act so upset and/or surprised. Though I can see why some things may be harder for left-handed people, since many tools and such are made for right-handed people. But then again, most tools can be used by both without any difference. It's not like you're someone special or so.

Its fun to feel special : p

Inclinations and urges arent something that you can control, but actions are.

Its okay to not be supportive of all actions done by others.

Saying that =/= kill those of a different opinion, obviously. But I think that having some line is better than saying "we cant control it", when it comes to actions done by others. Sexual relations are 100% done by the participants, an urging to do something is not the same as an action taken.
Of course, we're not robots. Just because we wanna do something doesn't mean we automatically do it. We have agency.

We can't control what we feel but we can control what we do with said feelings.

Hm, I've never seen that happening. Sometimes something like "Oh, you're left-handed too?" but nothing more than that. I don't think anyone considers it a big deal. In PE, though, at some point my mother and I talked to the teacher as I was having problems understanding what I was supposed to do, as she kept saying "If you're right(-handed), [...]", but I was having great trouble converting what she was saying to what I should be doing myself. d:p

Hm, I've never seen that happening. Sometimes something like "Oh, you're left-handed too?" but nothing more than that. I don't think anyone considers it a big deal. In PE, though, at some point my mother and I talked to the teacher as I was having problems understanding what I was supposed to do, as she kept saying "If you're right(-handed), [...]", but I was having great trouble converting what she was saying to what I should be doing myself. d:p

I should clarify that I was just talking about a few I know who are left handed : p I can see how that made it sound as if I was bashing all left handed people, haha. CMV is actually left handed, and he is not that way at all : p There are just two people I know personally who always go on about it, and a brother of mine claims he has a left handed friend who does it, too : p

And the "fun to feel special" thing wasnt a put down either, every one of us do that, including me : p

Oh, and lets not forget about Ned Flanders and his left handed store.

Though I think only @Angler of Lake Asparagus will know what Im talking about : (

Ned Flanders had the left handed store, what an amazing fellow.
Actually he had it for a few episodes through certain seasons, really liked it when Homer came in and messed the place up. Ned, Homer, Moleman, and Frink for best Simpsons characters tbh.

Ned Flanders had the left handed store, what an amazing fellow.
Actually he had it for a few episodes through certain seasons, really liked it when Homer came in and messed the place up. Ned, Homer, Moleman, and Frink for best Simpsons characters tbh.

I love all those characters, too : p I also really like Lisa. I know alot of people nowadays hate her cuz shes just a virtue signaling character who ads nothing to the show, but I liked her through like seasons 1-10. Especially in episodes that revolved around her and her relationship to Homer. I thought they were really sweet.

I never cared for her becoming buddhist or vegetarian, but at least they could make them into jokes and junk, and to some extent present relateable struggles through them. I remember how I felt when I learned about the mistreatment of livestock at some of these meat producing facilities.

Back