Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
If you play a lot of video games (you probably do) you will like some of the music in those games.
Maybe so much you wanna share it with others. If so, put your favorite track here for others to enjoy.(y)

Please put covers in ¨Videogame Songs and Covers¨

I'll start.

vhCv9JO.png
f4Kuf4v.png
Good taste in music, I'll admit.

(Guys, can we put videos in spoiler tags so they videos dont bog down our computers?)

Oh, and I really liked that Radar Mission Soundtrack song, it was way cool : 3 I usually kinda look down on alot of NES 8-bit music, tbh. Like cuz it never really feels all that diverse, there are a few songs from that era I really like though, and that one was way cool : p
(I also have many fond memories of the Goonies 2 theme music, I really liked that song as a kid, Id play it just to hear that song : p)

I have a few themes from games that are really memorable for me.

Skies of Arcadia has the best video game theme song of all time-

And this song from Arc Rise Fantasia really hit me when I first heard it, is still one of my favorite themes-

You know, I'd post music here, but I'd have to post literally the entire soundtrack for every Donkey Kong Country game ever made, every Mario RPG ever made, both Luigi's Mansion games and both Galaxy titles. In the interests of not killing anyone's computers, I think I'll refrain from that.

Best pause screen music ever. The funny thing about this theme for me is that I have owned Back From The Sewers for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until I watched Proton Jon's streams (where he uses it during intermissions) when I finally started to really appreciate this theme.

You know, I'd post music here, but I'd have to post literally the entire soundtrack for every Donkey Kong Country game ever made, every Mario RPG ever made, both Luigi's Mansion games and both Galaxy titles. In the interests of not killing anyone's computers, I think I'll refrain from that.

You could put them in spoiler tags, you know : p Wouldnt be that bad, then : p

And hahaha, Pizza Time : p That makes me wanna open a pizza joint, just to be able to have that song playing on an endless loop : p

Lost Kingdoms had some really special music for me. The music in the games often make me think of like childhood, even though I played them when I was like 18 : p

We had a wrestling game growing up (fun fact- its considered the worst wrestling game by everyone : p I still liked it anyway though : p) And in the menu stuff, it would play different songs while you were setting up matches. And I remember this one song, I would like turn the game on and sit there through all the songs on the game just to hear this one come on again : p

I listened up to 3:11. Haha that sounded way 80's, though : p I liked the keyboard along with the midi guitar : p Was neat.

Speaking of music that made you fall in love with a game-

I remember when I first got this game, I bought it without knowing what it was, against my little brother telling me it was probly gonna be a terrible game : p I liked the opening and everything, and this song plays in the very first stage you play. When I first heard this song I knew I was really gonna like the game : p

These two games had really simple but special music.

Reactions: 607
I absolutely adore the Madou Monogatari theme ''The Beginnings Of The Dark Wizard'' in both of its versions :

It's also the way how the games use the theme, that really get's me. The original version is played in the prequel game Madou Monogatari ARS, when 14 year old Schezo learns of his destiny to become a great dark wizard and is later brought back in Madou Monogatari The Final Test, during his final scene, which actually ends with him getting killed. Because of that it pretty much represents a beginning and an ending for his character, which gives it a really bittersweet note,

I really really liked that Madou Monogatari music, that was way awesome. definitely the best 8-bit music Ive heard.
I really like that story btw : p Sounds like something Id get into : p

Speaking of awesome 8-bit music-

This is the best song : p

Ah, video game music... in some cases gameplay is above it, but in many cases music is the most important for me in a game.
I could go on pages long with Zelda, Donkey Kong Country and Mario, but you probably know these already, so I'll start with a game you might remember from your childhood, or else it'll be new to you:
Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-o-Rama. I really like every theme from it. I'll post two here, take a listen, and if you like them, be sure to check out the entire playlist here!
Every theme is unique, and differs in style, and yet they all fit together perfectly. I really enjoy every single one of these themes, and some do really belong to my favourite themes of all time!

The moon. A very bad-ass theme for a kids' game, for the last 10 levels. And between the exciting parts, some relaxing stuff. Ah, this feels great...

A really interesting tune for the level-editor. It never gets old, and the different parts being added to the song before reaching the final bit and looping really add a feel of progression. It's very nice.
It's hard to not post more, as there are so many great ones! If you want to check out more, but don't feel like listening to all the 15 songs (why wouldn't you, though? d:p): some of the ones I'd recommend are Arctic Land and Cave. Also: Outskirts of Cartown is really fun!
Please tell me what you think!

(You should totally put Youtube videos in spoilers btw)

I totally agree, the music in the game is as important as the story or game play or design for chaaracters and over world or anything else, it all comes together to make something enjoyable, so a game with bad music is definitely lacking in a big way. Some of my favorite games came about to me because of the music (Like Lost Kingdoms as I posted above : p)

And haha that second theme, I liked the synthesized slap bass : p Is definitely something that should be used more : p I was surprised by the first theme btw, the picture made it look like the theme was gonna be all cartoony and junk, but it was pretty neat and somewhat deep sounding.

Im the sensitive emotional type, so that flowery emotional kinda music usually hits me the most, but I enjoy more playful music too : p I was gonna ask if anyone remembers this song, but I think most of you are too young to remember it : / But you should totally check it out, it was way great when you first heard it : p

Back when Midway was great : p

Yeah, well... I don't really like spoilers around embedded videos. It's so incredibly stupid and annoying that you can't post a link to YouTube without it getting embedded... d:mad:

Yeah, well... I don't really like spoilers around embedded videos. It's so incredibly stupid and annoying that you can't post a link to YouTube without it getting embedded... d:mad:

Its courteous for the other users, so you dont slow down their computer or make it freeze. On bigger forums, theyll often make it a rule for youtube dumps like these.

Haha, the music for that game is more intense than the games title would suggest : p Do you ever get into a game just for the good soundtrack?

This song is pretty darn popular with fans of the game : p

It deserves it, though. Its a way good song : p This game had an awesome soundtrack.

Back