General Wario references thread (Now with Index on page 13).

ooooh, the ashley costume in mario maker has her using her broom when ur in an underwater stage

a lot of effort was put into these things
She also uses her broom when hitting the goal post:
WVW69iX8quQzsUQO3J

In addition her victory jingle and death sound effect are from her Game & Wario minigame.

Also take a look at Wario's breaking animation:
WVW69iX8r9UN_olLlH

Looks a lot like the charge, doesn't it and I'm willing to bet that was intentional, since several characters have rather unusual breaking animations, Mega Man for instance uses his slide:
WVW69iX8s0cuihdVM3

So apparently the sound King and Queen Hisstocrat make to summon their minions in Mario 3D World is based on the flute sound from Wario Land 3. Should that be added?

I was just playing Super Punch-Out when I saw this:
WVW69ibyAsgiOWxGTD

Looks like Wario played this game too. ^^
I still think he should be an opponent in the next game. He'd make a great boxer!
But we got only DK, talking about box, wasn't there a minigame from Game & Watch gallery where Luigi gets in a box match?

No one saw the most obvious Wario reference in New Super Mario Bros. 2? The coins where stolen from Wario's Castle!

How 'bout that?!

... but seriously, we need more jagged mustaches in our games... (Reminds me of the WarioWare microgames, where everything has a red nose and a mustache)

Other then the Wario Car, Mario Party e also has a Wario sprite (the one next to the Boom) that might the based of Land 4 Puffy Wario:
9195.png

Puffywario.jpg

They look strikingly similar anyway and the game reuses/recycles plenty of stuff from other games as it is (Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island in particular) so it's possible at the very least.

Other then the Wario Car, Mario Party e also has a Wario sprite (the one next to the Boom) that might the based of Land 4 Puffy Wario:
9195.png

Puffywario.jpg

They look strikingly similar anyway and the game reuses/recycles plenty of stuff from other games as it is (Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island in particular) so it's possible at the very least.
In addition to that, compare the Mario and Waluigi sprites (to the right and left of the door) to Wario's map sprites from Land 4:
1558.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I think that they look very similar in style.

Back