I hate when they say (General Chit Chat version)

The fact that college or university is seen by society nowadays as necessary in order to have a life is just bullshit in general. Sure there's the social benefits of Collage. but my dad dropped out of college and he's a very skilled computer programmer who has worked for fucking NASA and companies like Mircosoft wanted his skills because he was so good at what he does. Seriously hard work and determination is the key to success in life, not some stupid diploma or degree. (Unless you want to work in the medical field that is, but that's a different thing all together.)

The fact that college or university is seen by society nowadays as necessary in order to have a life is just bullshit in general. Sure there's the social benefits of Collage. but my dad dropped out of college and he's a very skilled computer programmer who has worked for fucking NASA and companies like Mircosoft wanted his skills because he was so good at what he does. Seriously hard work and determination is the key to success in life, not some stupid diploma or degree. (Unless you want to work in the medical field that is, but that's a different thing all together.)
It has more to do with giving yourself the best chances really. I mean sure it's not vital but without it you're more reliant on just plain luck since there's tons of hard working people and hard work alone isn't enough sometimes. I mean imagine how many programmers out there who could be in your father's shoes but aren't.

It has more to do with giving yourself the best chances really. I mean sure it's not vital but without it you're more reliant on just plain luck since there's tons of hard working people and hard work alone isn't enough sometimes. I mean imagine how many programmers out there who could be in your father's shoes but aren't.
I definitely agree with you. (And to be fair, my dad did still go to college.) College/university is definitely a messy topic to go into. Seriously we can argue endlessly about the pros and cons of College, But at the end of the day, it all ends up going into one thing, your milage may vary. One persons experience will be completely different from another's, so overall, it's pointless to get into it.

Last edited:
I hate it when they say that black is a colour for goths or emo people. I like the colour black very much and I'm not among one of these subcultures.
Black is a good colour to combine with many other colours but also beautiful at its own.

And when I play draughts or chess I usually play black because you can react to the other player's opening move. :)

I hate anyone who use the plural pronouns to represent an entity as a whole, with the same ideas, problems, their love/hate (which is not true lmao):
i.e: "We are a great fandom!"; "We feminists are..."; "Our country is better than yours..."; etc...

I despise them like the plague.

I hate it when they say "Have a good one". Wait a minute.. Have a good one what?
I hate it when people pronounce "Marshmallow" Marsh-mellow. But everyone almost pronounces it the wrong way.
I hate it when people think Possums carry rabies. They are almost 100% immune to rabies and the rabies thing is just an urban legend.

I pronounce it "marsh mellow" : p

I hate it when people compare someone they dont like to Hitler.
Like, anyone.

Hitler methodically and brutally murdered millions of people. It was an extremely unspeakable act that still shocks the world to this day.

Lets stop comparing people that we dont like/agree with to this man, not only is it completely ridiculous, it also offensive, and really makes light of all the people that died, lost loved ones or endured torture because of him.

I pronounce it "marsh mellow" : p

I hate it when people compare someone they dont like to Hitler.
Like, anyone.

Hitler methodically and brutally murdered millions of people. It was an extremely unspeakable act that still shocks the world to this day.

Lets stop comparing people that we dont like/agree with to this man, not only is it completely ridiculous, it also offensive, and really makes light of all the people that died, lost loved ones or endured torture because of him.

I'll just add "cancer" to that sentiment. I absolutely hate it when people use the word to describe those they find disagreeable; mainly due to a difference of opinion, lifestyle, or interest. It's a pretty vile thing to label someone, especially if you're like me and have lost family members or loved ones to such a hopeless, unfair disease. You'd have to be pretty bad to warrant such a label.

@AshleylovesPizzaDinosaur I say "have a good one" quite a bit. Lots of people in Australia do. It's simply used to wish a person well, whatever their situation (Have a good day/night/time/life/meal/game/visit to the toilet... Have a good one!)

Last edited:
Speaking of Anglers comment about telling people to have a good one, when someone at work says that they have to potty, I respond "good luck".

It usually makes people laugh : p

... that people that are often alone are freaky or feel lonely all the time. Me for example,
I'm often alone but I feel rarely lonely. In fact, I have only 2 true friends in real life, who I don't see very often but I don't consider myself lonely or friendless. Some people just choose to do so.

Back