obligatory "What vidcons are you playing????" thread

That's still a 50% ruining rate, which is a high enough rate that I'd want to avoid spoilers. I mean, I don't mind them personally, but based on the data of your personal experience, I would.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Well, only between the two games Ive played that were spoiled for me, out of all the games Ive ever played ever, two is a pretty low percentage of games that have been spoiled. So I dont worry too much about spoilers : p Luckily I tend to like games that arent real popular for some reason, so I guess it kinda works out for me : p

Been playing TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan.

It's a decent game if you don't mind the lack of offline co-op (which multiplayer of any sort is a rarity for me anyways). Just don't go in expecting a masterpiece, or else you will be disappointed.

I wasn't expecting one, and it's living up to my expectations, but I digress.

16269_front.jpg

Auto Modellista was Capcom's first (and um, 2nd-to-last) attempt at making a racing game. Initially hyped for its cool cell-shaded grafx, the game got mediocre reviews because of its funky car handling and dearth of content. Capcom tried to adress these criticisms for the US and GC/Xbox versions with a revised handling model and more cars, but it didn't help much.

That being said, while the car handling is Weird, I'm enjoying the game a lot more than expected and it has genuine strong points:

*No Grinding: This isn't like Gran Turismo when you have to spend the early game redoing boring races in shitty cars. Every cars and most cuztomisation options are unlocked from the start.

*Good customization options:
The car tuning and appearance customization feature is very flexible! I especially enjoyed the "easy tune up" feature that asks you a bunch of questions about how you want the car to be like and does the turning for you.

*The Grafx: Auto Modellista's, but holy shit does the Xbox version looks good. imo it could pass off as a ps3/x360 game.

That's still a 50% ruining rate, which is a high enough rate that I'd want to avoid spoilers. I mean, I don't mind them personally, but based on the data of your personal experience, I would.

When a new Zelda game comes out I just totally avoid the internet until I've completed the game... To eliminate any chance that I'll encounter a spoiler >.>

As for games I'm currently playing... I usually spend more time thinking about which game I want to replay and then working up the motivation to start playing, than actually playing said game. Atm I'm thinking about playing a handheld Zelda game, either Minish Cap or Oracle of Ages.

When a new Zelda game comes out I just totally avoid the internet until I've completed the game... To eliminate any chance that I'll encounter a spoiler >.>

As for games I'm currently playing... I usually spend more time thinking about which game I want to replay and then working up the motivation to start playing, than actually playing said game. Atm I'm thinking about playing a handheld Zelda game, either Minish Cap or Oracle of Ages.

If you want an extremely deep and intriguing hand-held Zelda, there's no going past the original: Zelda - Link's Awakening.

Why the original? I was planning to get the DX version.

When I say "original" I mean that Link's Awakening was the first hand-held Zelda game. The DX version for GBC is the superior version, of course! It has an extra secret dungeon if you play the game on a Game Boy Colour (the "Colour Dungeon"), and a bunch of neat extras, like the photos you collect and can print out on the Game Boy Printer.

Reactions: 607
When I say "original" I mean that Link's Awakening was the first hand-held Zelda game. The DX version for GBC is the superior version, of course! It has an extra secret dungeon if you play the game on a Game Boy Colour (the "Colour Dungeon"), and a bunch of neat extras, like the photos you collect and can print out on the Game Boy Printer.
Ah, okay! I'm glad to hear that, as the Wind Waker HD and Link's Awakening DX were the Zelda games I planned on getting! I got the Minish Cap already, it's fun but I rage quit.

should play Super LoZ
250px-Smetroidbox.jpg 250px-Super_Castlevania_IV_North_American_SNES_box_art.png image.png
or, y'know, Zelda Souls.

im thinking about taking on a final fantasy game. im kinda getting worn off the idea of getting bludgeoned by skeletons while dodging demon fire for any length of time. so why not a turn based(?) rpg?

turn based rpgs are great (though they can get boring if its not interesting). I would recommend Skies of Arcadia if you can play it. For FF I hear 7 is great, it looks like fun too. Could try that one.

turn based rpgs are great (though they can get boring if its not interesting). I would recommend Skies of Arcadia if you can play it. For FF I hear 7 is great, it looks like fun too. Could try that one.

shiitake. i had skies of arcadia and tried it before, but the family dreamcast was sent abroad :mad:

welp, time to scronge the airlines for a ticket to my uncles house.

Ah that bites, I hope he still has it. Would be cool if he gave it back to you.

Its on Gamecube too, but will cost you about 90$ to get a copy : / I paid 90 for mine, and its like all messed up and crashes every few hours : p Am really really bummed out about it.

PJ I'm way late to the party but FF 6 is also an excellent turn based RPG if you're still looking for one.

I keep bouncing back and forth between several games, but I've been playing Sonic Unleashed the most. Contrary to what other people say, I enjoy the night stages more than the day ones. XD

Ive been playing this-

Valhalla-Knights-Eldar-Saga-Front-Cover-19659.jpg

B002D2DQL8.01.lg.jpg

B002D2DQL8.02.lg.jpg

VK-ES-Field-004.bmp

valhalla-knights-eldar-saga-20090910042301938_640w.jpg

Its pretty great so far. I mean, it got bad reviews by just about everyone, which is no surprise as everything I like does : p Its a bit complicated to learn, at least to me. And it has a pretty high difficulty level : p But its really neat so far. It feels unique. I mean it probly doesnt look that way but it does feel like it : p

Theres plenty of character customization, like right now Im working on making my character a warrior/healer mage kinda thingy : p I always like that kinda stuff. My two biggest complaints are 1) for the most part, the game is pretty much one of those "run through basic area and fight your way through to your next dun through next area and fight your way through destination" kinda games, which gets boring after a while. Theres no like real character interaction or growth, you cant make choices that will affect your character or your relations with other characters. Its a pretty standard action adventure rpg, it seems. And 2) it wouldnt let me pick my gender : p The booklet says you have the option, but not until later in the game? I dont really understand how that will work, but I would have rather have picked my gender over being forced with one : p

But the game is still pretty fun. The overworld, atmosphere and overall vibe of the game really puts me in mind of Shadowgate 64: Trial of the Four Towers, which is a game I really enjoyed. It makes me think of like that and Aidyn Chronicles and those kinda games I liked for N64. Its a pretty neat game, definitely worth checking out if your an rpg fan who likes the Wii.

The Wii had alot of neat games. Everyone always puts it down, but it may be my favorite console.

Just finished the Witcher 3, doing a run of the first Mother (Earthbound Beginnings) at the moment. It's been about 10 years since I've done a proper playthrough , forgot how much I love this game.

Back