Puyo Puyo

Also, would you guys prefer a full localization with voice acting and all that jazz or be content with a perhaps a more economically friendly limited localization?

I don't really need an english dub to be honest, sure it would be interesting to hear a new attempt, but I can live without it, so I'd be fine with a more limited, so to speak, localization.

Looking back it was kind of a dumb question but I figured that while I don't think anyone would be opposed to it, there would be people who would not care for it at all.

Oh boy! After all of these years,
The long awaited Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine Tetris is finally happening.

I was never all that big on the AOSTH theme either, even before I grew sour on the reskins in general, the only thing I really like better about the Robuttnik version over the Kirby one is that it uses remixed versions of actual Puyo/Madou songs.

As a whole, I actually really liked all of MBM's music. Aside from Kirby's characterization, something else I disliked about Kirby's Avalanche/Ghost Trap/whatever was that the music was really dull sounding. Mostly due to the teeny sounding instruments used.

Last edited:
Sam Mullen actually made a tweet that's obviously referencing the Puyo Tetris shenanigens of yesterday:
https://twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/814320817005740032
C00OqVmXAAAu7FU.jpg

The plot thickens...

Same, I mean what we got so far looks completely, absolutely legit and I have seen games leaked like that before, but given past history of western Puyo I really would rather have a concrete yes or no and be done with it, then be teased for weeks or even months.

Me too, and funny that Sam Mullen seems to be a employee at Atlus USA. *Tries to withhold himself from inquiring to him about Snowboard Kids*

Possibly yeah, I can't decide whether or not I find the lack of a concrete confirmation or plans to give the west another chance if PPT comes out there and does well enough, to be more agonizing then anything else.

Like I'm stoked that the possibility of anything happening is a thing, but I really want clear cut answers, if only because even while excited, I still don't know what to expect.

Someone brought up that Puyo Puyo Tetris might simply be an Asian-English release and nothing more.

Which is fine; I can import twice, and I'd like something Puyo Puyo-related on my PS4 (didn't import the PS4 version since I already have it on PS3, and all the DLC), but a Western release would have been nice.

Now, English dub? I'll be happy if it happens, but if not, I can live. Honestly, if they brought it to the west, they'd probably be wise not to dub it simply because of uncertainty as to how well it'll do. I've heard dubbing isn't cheap, after all.

Last edited:
I did hear about the theory of it maybe just being an Asian-English thing as well.

That does put a damper on things, but it is worth noting that Sega is just starting to localize PPT for other asian countries, all of which that we heard about so far being under asian languages, so.......yeah I'm conflicted, but I'm waiting for a announcement or official word from SEGA before I throw the towl.

I dunno, I still find it too amazing to think that I'm living in a reality where this logo exists:
C0-MEIxWEAALdVo.png

Back