was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Then let me put it this way:
Why aren't pistols enough? Why rifles? That seems a bit too much if you ask me.

For protection, the hand gun is all good and well, but what about pest control and hunting, in general? I'm not a hunter, but I've grown up among them, and rifles and crossbows are the standard. Pest control with a handgun seems ludicrous and impractical.

Last edited:
And people really need to stop making such a big fuss about owning rocket launchers, ok? It's not rockets that blow up people, it's people that blow up people.
...with rockets.
I mean if we take away their rockets that's not gonna stop them from killing if they really wanna kill, right? So we might as well give them the rockets. And granades. And C4. And tactical nukes.
It's all in self defense!
If we all owned tactical nukes the world would be a safer place.

You?

...snakes, kangaroos, rabbits, foxes,...
I mean when it comes to animals that issue can be solved with something like a hunting license. ...I don't think giving everyone everywhere guns is the best solution.

I don't doubt that there are a lot of intelligent and responsible people out there who know how to deal with firearms... ...but there are also a lot of ignorant, irresponsible people who I'd never trust with a gun...

I mean... I live in Germany. Over here people aren't allowed guns besides the police and maybe hunters. And I'd prefer it to stay this way.
I wouldn't like the thought that every thug or robber could potentially carry a gun with them.... legally.

And I wouldn't wanna have to carry a gun with me just because someone else might have one.

I mean when it comes to animals that issue can be solved with something like a hunting license. ...I don't think giving everyone everywhere guns is the best solution.

I don't doubt that there are a lot of intelligent and responsible people out there who know how to deal with firearms... ...but there are also a lot of ignorant, irresponsible people who I'd never trust with a gun...

I mean... I live in Germany. Over here people aren't allowed guns besides the police and maybe hunters. And I'd prefer it to stay this way.
I wouldn't like the thought that every thug or robber could potentially carry a gun with them.... legally.

And I wouldn't wanna have to carry a gun with me just because someone else might have one.

The majority of people in the usa also dont want everyone to have guns : p Those who are not mentally capable of having one as well as those who are a danger to themselves and others, as well as criminals are not allowed to own them.

And Id like a world where guns dont exist too. But they do, and I think its safe to say those who use them for crime obtain them illegally. So Im very happy to have the option to own one if I ever feel the need to do so : p

those who use them for crime obtain them illegally.
Yeah but why make it easier for them?
I mean not everybody knows how to get a gun illegally. I wouldn't even know where to begin. :V And even if you do know, I can't imagine it's that easy.
But if that gun is already sitting in your drawer, legally, then you don't even need to worry about that. You're already one step closer to comitting your crime, and you haven't even done anything wrong yet.

But it's not just about people who are actively planning crimes in advance. It's also about situations like, I dunno, a quarrel gets out of hand and someone starts shooting, guns being shot by accident, guns getting in the hands of minors, etc. ...there's just so much that can go wrong.

I mean at this point, when it comes to the US, it's already too late. The guns are already all over the place. Getting rid of them now is nigh impossible.

Strange that this topic comes up now of all times...
A few days ago one of my relatives was robbed on the street and got stabbed, almost fatally wounding him. Thankfully he's still alive. But he may not have been, if the robber had had a gun instead of just a knife...

But hey, you don't have to agree. If you think it's safer, ...that's on you.

Yeah but why make it easier for them?
I mean not everybody knows how to get a gun illegally. I wouldn't even know where to begin. :V And even if you do know, I can't imagine it's that easy.
But if that gun is already sitting in your drawer, legally, then you don't even need to worry about that. You're already one step closer to comitting your crime, and you haven't even done anything wrong yet.

But it's not just about people who are actively planning crimes in advance. It's also about situations like, I dunno, a quarrel gets out of hand and someone starts shooting, guns being shot by accident, guns getting in the hands of minors, etc. ...there's just so much that can go wrong.

I mean at this point, when it comes to the US, it's already too late. The guns are already all over the place. Getting rid of them now is nigh impossible.

Strange that this topic comes up now of all times...
A few days ago one of my relatives was robbed on the street and got stabbed, almost fatally wounding him. Thankfully he's still alive. But he may not have been, if the robber had had a gun instead of just a knife...

But hey, you don't have to agree. If you think it's safer, ...that's on you.
Ive read that statistically, more people die from car accidents than gun violence.

And guns are jot easy to get, there are processes to go through, background checks, ect ect. Even the gun show loop hole is nonsense, Ive been with someone who bought a gun from a gunshow, and they had to go through a background check.

As for getting them illegally, you just gotta have connections. And if you are a professional criminal who makes a living on selling drugs and robbing others, Im sure you can find the right people pretty easily : p

Also a gun may have helped that person that was stabbed. I feel for them btw, its awful that such a thing happened to them and I hope they are okay. But for arguments sake, there ARE cases where a gun saved someones life. Maybe it wouldnt have, of course. But if you come at me with a knife and I point a gun at you, Im obviously going to have a big advantage, which is the whole point of having one.

I carry pepper spray on me, at night I even keep it armed in my hand while I walk. At the moment I feel safe, but I fully support the right for people to own a weapon to protect themselves. I had a cousin who was missing both an arm and a leg, and he was permitted to carry a weapon because of it. I think it was a really good thing he was able to have one if he needed it, and that he could scare away those who would have wanted to cause hik harm.

Ive read that statistically, more people die from car accidents than gun violence.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't still try to reduce those numbers. :V

there ARE cases where a gun saved someones life.
If the attacked person has a gun, then the attacker probably has a gun as well. So then it's down to who can pull the trigger faster. But at that point the attacker already has his gun pointed at you, while yours is still in your pocket. So you try to grab it, he shoots, you're dead.
So you'd have to be lucky enough to have your gun, while your attacker for some reason doesn't.

Personally, I wouldn't want my life to depend on winning a mexican standoff.

At least a knife is a close range weapon. But with a gun, distance is not an issue. ...unless you're veeery far away but you know what I mean.

Bubsy sucks why did it even get a new game recently. It's not enough to make games of our childhood but now making games about shit childhoods? Bubsy can eat a furball sized scrotum.

Well, Bubsy knows I've got his back. He was one of the things that made my boyhood highly enjoyable, among many other 90's kids - and I played the Sonics 'n Marios, too.
This video totally takes me back to when kids in the schoolyard thought the Bubster would be the next break-out star.

Skip to 9:18 in this video (the guy looks like he's having a ball - although not nearly as much as the bloke at 8:10)...

Last edited:
Well, Bubsy knows I've got his back. He was one of the things that made my boyhood highly enjoyable, among many other 90's kids - and I played the Sonics 'n Marios, too.
This video totally takes me back to when kids in the schoolyard thought the Bubster would be the next break-out star. It really contradicts today's hive-mind hatred.

Skip to 9:18 in this video (the guy looks like he's having a ball - although not nearly as much as the bloke at 8:10)...

Ya Remember Gex or Croc don't ya? Although these guys came a little later than Bubsy, all 3 of these do have one thing in common and that's trying to get that audience similar to Sonic which jump started all these other animal mascots in-game. Bubsy's games well not counting the really bad sequels his first game which seems to be the only " good " in the series seems more like a western version of a kusoge. Back than with no reliable internet you'd really just have to choose either at random or wisely whether a game would be good or bad, tfw had the really awful batman forever game as a kid that was a hilariously bad game. Pretty much an action/adventure with clunky mortal kombat physics and gameplay bad combo.

I will say it is quite interesting to have some one like the character and even series, though most of these guys seem to come and go. It just in that era would you really pick up Bubsy in comparison to a much less clunky, and oddly controlled game as oppose to things such as well any of the first 3 Sonic games, Super Castlevania lV, Yoshi's Island, Gunstar Heroes, Cybernator guess the list can go on. I will respect your choice in gaming anyways since you truly know your stuff, can't wait for you to talk about the Atari Jaguar.

Oh, and cheers for the rainbow, as always. Heheh. I haven't forgotten my manners.

Ya Remember Gex or Croc don't ya? Although these guys came a little later than Bubsy, all 3 of these do have one thing in common and that's trying to get that audience similar to Sonic which jump started all these other animal mascots in-game. Bubsy's games well not counting the really bad sequels his first game which seems to be the only " good " in the series seems more like a western version of a kusoge. Back than with no reliable internet you'd really just have to choose either at random or wisely whether a game would be good or bad, tfw had the really awful batman forever game as a kid that was a hilariously bad game. Pretty much an action/adventure with clunky mortal kombat physics and gameplay bad combo.

I will say it is quite interesting to have some one like the character and even series, though most of these guys seem to come and go. It just in that era would you really pick up Bubsy in comparison to a much less clunky, and oddly controlled game as oppose to things such as well any of the first 3 Sonic games, Super Castlevania lV, Yoshi's Island, Gunstar Heroes, Cybernator guess the list can go on. I will respect your choice in gaming anyways since you truly know your stuff, can't wait for you to talk about the Atari Jaguar.

Well, you know how it is on the internet. You often just find one prevailing opinion. I've found quite a few old Bubsy fans from the 90's who are oblivious to the awful reputation he has in modern gaming pop culture. Just random people I've bumped into on eBay, Youtube, and in person.

I remember the term "kusoge" and the whole "western game, shit game" thing with the Japanese. The first time I heard that was being used to describe the ClayFighter games and other wonky western fighters of the 90's. I've never let popular opinion sway or shape me, though. You can either let other people's opinions get to you, or you can love what you love and remain true to yourself.

Last edited:
Well, you know how it is on the internet. Usually you only find one prevailing opinion. I have found quite a few people who loved Bubsy back in the day and are totally oblivious to the awful reputation he has in modern gaming pop culture - two people on eBay, half a dozen on Youtube, and plenty in real life.

I remember the term "kusoge" and the whole "western game, shit game" thing with the Japanese. The first time I heard that was being used to describe the ClayFighter games and other wonky western fighters of the 90's. But, you know, you can either let these things depress you and mess with your head, or you can remain true to yourself and what you love most. I've never let popular opinion sway or shape me. And I expect the same from you, Metal! If you truly think Bubsy is trash, then don't let my enthusiasm get to you. That's what separates mature thinkers from the riffraff on Youtube.

I was just very curious why and how you felt about the character and game series in general, since as of late it is a popular opinion to hate on him. Although I feel very negatively towards Bubsy some one will probably say Cybernator is shit cause it's so hard(I feel very positive towards this last game compared to many others in my childhood). Rip I did like Clayfighter a lot for some reason and yes a lot of people ended up really hating when once I got way into the internet strange since I had plenty of fun playing with my friends and family over that very strange fighting game.

Aaaand, to get this thread political once again (Because I love delicious salty threads once in a while), I have to say that when it comes to the topic of capital punishment, I'm actually a proposer, which is somewhat unusual here in Europe.

Though I think it should be done as shortly as possible after conviction instead of after many years, and it only be reserved for the ¨worst of the worst¨ like rapists and terrorists, and that it should be done with either electrocution or a strong lethal injection.

Back