Someone tracked down the Wario Land 4 voice samples!

So does this mean the female vocals were by two different people? Wow. I never even thought that could be the case. They sound so similar.

So does this mean the female vocals were by two different people? Wow. I never even thought that could be the case. They sound so similar.

I think they might be by the same person, just not all samples are there. I would guess maybe 2 voices, but I'm not so sure.

This is so cool! I love hearing the vocals uncompressed. You'd never know the singer actually had a good voice when the audio comes out of a GBA.

It'd be nice to hear the uncompressed male vocals from the credits song, too, as others have said. Those must have come from a different sample pack?

So I've just finished listening to another Zero-G release, Datafile Vol. 1. Nothing from Wario Land 4 is there. Would someone be willing to listen through the second and third volumes, just to rule these soundtracks off the list of potential WL4-uses?

P.S. The Zero-G site doesn't seem to list release dates for their soundtracks, unfortunately. It would make things soooo much easier when we can just ignore compilations released after 2001.

Ok, I finished the second one. The only other thing of interest I could find was a clip at 37:13 that was used in Sonic CD.
Gonna check the third one now. ^^

Oh wow.... While listeninh through Vol. 2 I found a sample used in Mario 64's soundfont. it plays at 28:58
Hey nice!! And thanks for taking the time to check out those two soundtracks.

I threw an e-mail over at the Zero-G website, asking about whether they could provide a list of all sample packs released before 2002. I didn't expect a response, but whadaya know, they provided it! I'll post it in a new thread, so it's easy to keep track of which soundtracks don't contain more samples used in WL4.

P.S. Strangely, the "Datafile" soundpack doesn't appear on the list, even though the sample that ShyGuyXXL found was used in 1997's SM64...

• Useful
Reactions: 607
Isn't this... the same Daoh? Could this game be using the same voice clip bank? Could this help in any way? (probably not, right?)

Last edited:
Back