Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Well today's the day they announce a new Sonic game, hopefully it's good. I was okay with Lost World but we really need a Sonic game that's really enjoyable, something everyone could enjoy.

Well today's the day they announce a new Sonic game, hopefully it's good. I was okay with Lost World but we really need a Sonic game that's really enjoyable, something everyone could enjoy.
Wait,they're anouncing another one? I don't my hopes too high though. =/ As long as it's fast and the story is not confusing and dumb,I'll be happy.

The story is either gonna be
A. We got to stop Eggman.
B. Eggman released some ancient creature that betrays him 2 hours later and now we gotta team up.
C. Have multiple playable characters, each with their own story that eventually connects to other stories, and some characters that just has no reason to be there at all. I'm looking at you Big.

Or the new game could be Big's Big Fishing Adventure.

So we're getting Sonic Mania and what looks like Sonic Generations 2. I love that they're making a classic game, Generations 2 though got me questioning how Modern Sonic is gonna play like.

Both seem rather lazy and/or playing it safe ideawise but at the same time I think this is something that can be expected to be executed well so neither are really problems so this is something to look forward to.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
They're obviously playing it safe, it's expected as they don't want to go to another dark ages like the last time. I think Boom Sonic is also a part of the new Generation game but that's just me thinking cuz of the anniversary background.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a habit though I don't particularly mind outsourcing classic style Sonic games since Sega surprisingly can't seem to be able to make them themselves if it doesn't also include Modern Sonic.

I have hope for Mania as long as they don't screw up like Sonic 4 with its slow and ugly style with boost pads everywhere. The drop dash seems pretty cool as you'll be able to constantly keep your speed without having to stop for 1 second to rev up your spindash.

It seems the guy who worked on the Sonic CD remaster is working on Mania so physics should be faithful to the original at least.

Sonic Generations is something I have mix feelings of. I don't see why there's a 2nd game, but I want to see what they can do with it. It has been a few years since the Generations so we'll see how this game will fix some of the small problems of Generations.

New 3D Sonic game looks good. Yet literally all I can think of is "How will Sega screw this up?"

My faith in Sega is at such an all-time low I can't think of anything else. In fact, I'd be more shocked if they didn't find some way of just screwing it over.

Sonic Mania I have more hope for...but that's probably because they outsourced it rather than doing it themselves. At least they outsourced it to a guy who has a reputation of knowing what he's doing.

• Agree
Reactions: Rei
070f80a12c834160a6b47600e24ddbf9.png
ad519057ed554174aa4de0922bad2658.png

Back