Super Smash Bros 4 and Wario; What We Know

Just want to chime in that Wario was one of my frequent used characters in Brawl, but he's my #1 go to in Wii U Smash now.

The fact they took away the wait time for recycling a new motorcycle makes him deadly because it's essentially a projectile that can cancel out like 90% of the moves in the game.

Just want to chime in that Wario was one of my frequent used characters in Brawl, but he's my #1 go to in Wii U Smash now.

The fact they took away the wait time for recycling a new motorcycle makes him deadly because it's essentially a projectile that can cancel out like 90% of the moves in the game.
That's interesting however I think there is a lack of control with it competitively and you can easily get punished by it (I'd know because I can do it, just go for an air attack). His fart, neutral air, down air, back air, and up smash are my favorites, though so he has some good moves, I don't recommend the bike because it isn't that fast compared to his other options, and heals almost nothing.

Reactions: 607
That's interesting however I think there is a lack of control with it competitively and you can easily get punished by it (I'd know because I can do it, just go for an air attack). His fart, neutral air, down air, back air, and up smash are my favorites, though so he has some good moves, I don't recommend the bike because it isn't that fast compared to his other options, and heals almost nothing.

It's really how you use him.

In Brawl, you had a long wait period before you could use the bike again (after it was destroyed or fell off the map). In the new Smash, the bike can be recalled almost instantly after the bike falls off the map or is destroyed.

I strategically spam Wario's bike. I use it as a projectile as I would Link's boomerang and arrows. Just keep throwing Motorcycles at your opponent, forcing them to either shield it or jump in the air and attack from there.

Wario is also one of the best Team Smash candidates, as releasing his bike in a straight line, there's only a handful of moves in the Smash game that can overpower it. It's also great because when opponents on the other side are trying to fight my teammate, I help him out by throwing a bike in their direction and a bike hit usually takes about 8-10% damage. And if executed properly, Wario's bike can chain hit an opponent and drag them to the edge of the map.

Source:
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...am-move-was-taken-out-of-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Sakurai explains why Wario’s Shoulder Ram move was taken out of Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, some changes were made to Wario. One of these includes the removal of the Shoulder Ram move. Masahiro Sakurai, director of Smash Bros., spoke about this in his latest Famitsu column.

Sakurai took on one reader question regarding the Shoulder Ram move in his piece, after a fan pointed out that he now uses a backhand punch instead. When asked about the change, Sakurai responded that they wanted to make Wario stronger. Shoulder Ram was a move that made him use his own body which is his hitbox to attack, making him easier to get hit. It had no range, and it was also difficult to push opponents off the cliff with it. Since Smash Attacks, especially the horizontal ones are moves that will decide the game, it was changed to make him stronger.

Sakurai added that if the team were to cling too much to reenacting the original moves, sometimes it wouldn’t be too interesting. He indicates that, ultimately, they prioritize the fun factor over adhering to the original series’ accuracy.

Sakurai added that if the team were to cling too much to reenacting the original moves, sometimes it wouldn’t be too interesting. He indicates that, ultimately, they prioritize the fun factor over adhering to the original series’ accuracy.
Exactly. Contrary to popular belief, any references to other games are more or less an added bonus, not the most important part of the game that takes priority over gameplay.

What's the point of making Wario playable if he doesn't play anything like he does in his home series thought?

I don't give a flying fuck about how "interesting" a movest is, SOME accuracy in a character's portrayel in a crossover is something that should be fair to expect. After all would you defend it if Mona was turned into a deranged, fart obssesed psychopath, for the sake of a "interesting" moveset?

Yeah, I don't buy his reasoning. 'Sometimes reenacting original moves isn't too interesting?' I can think of a plethora of moves that could be drawn from Wario's series that would be far more interesting than the bulk of his current moveset.

No idea, thought I'd like to point out that the charge has been in several Mario spin offs as well, so that renders the ''Mario's Wario'' point mood as it is, since removing the charge strays away from that angle as well.

Back