• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magma

"Phoning it in" Magma
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
I understand that you feel bad for your actions, but jeez man, it's not that big of a deal. This is literally a forum for a garlic-eating, nose-picking anti hero. ¡Tranquílate!
No it was definitely getting to be a problem. That being said, tahutoa seems to have thought over his behavior and is trying to change for the better so I hope this problem doesn't happen again.

tahutoa

Runs mouth. Fragile. Pretty odd, but means well.
Coins
Gold Crown
Gold Bracelets
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Post Shadow
User Name Style Change
I currently have Wavy Waters open in Pro Tools, and I set a click track up so I could figure out what the Actual BPM was (which seems to be 129.963, but it's still up in the air to some extent). I must say, I adore the fact that one of Click II's default presets for the first beat matches up chromatically with the Depth Charge.

tahutoa

Coins
Gold Crown
Gold Bracelets
Post Shadow
User Name Style Change
Phase Inversion can have an interesting effect on songs whose panning is a very integral part of the puzzle.

Take for example, how the sound effects are literally unaltered save for the fact that they're playing in Mono instead of Stereo. Same goes for the WWEIEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAoOOOoopoOWAW thing from nyyaaaround the 0:42 second mark, I would say.

Attachments

Metal

MRS. OBAMA GET DOWN!!!
Coins
Rocking Horse
Robot
Phase Inversion can have an interesting effect on songs whose panning is a very integral part of the puzzle.

Take for example, how the sound effects are literally unaltered save for the fact that they're playing in Mono instead of Stereo. Same goes for the WWEIEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAoOOOoopoOWAW thing from nyyaaaround the 0:42 second mark, I would say.

Just a Wario Fan

BWHAHAHA! What a day!
Coins
Username Change
CD
Game BOI Advance - Pre-Sale Edition!
User Name Style Change
An Item

I'm pretty much a layman when it comes to sound technology, but lemme guess: is Phase Inversion some kind of technique where the phase of a sound wave is inverted compared to the signals of other channels?

tahutoa

Coins
Gold Crown
Gold Bracelets
Post Shadow
User Name Style Change
I'm pretty much a layman when it comes to sound technology, but lemme guess: is Phase Inversion some kind of technique where the phase of a sound wave is inverted compared to the signals of other channels?
You take a stereo signal and split the two channels into Mono, then you flip the entire right/left channel upside down. The fact that they're both center-panned now, but at the same time the exact opposite of each other, whatever was center-panned back when it was still in stereo now disappears, leaving behind only the things that were unique to the left and right channels.