tahutoa:

• Waa

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Naa

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still want to cover this song in MIDI some day...
For now, an arrangement of some other guy's "artistic liberty"-ridden transcription will have to do. Did some serious repairs to this one to try and make it fit the original song's general vibe and style. I think I did alright.

Gestation (Cave Story) in Super Metroid (with a gigantic amount of reverb, as one who knows the song would expect), coming right up:

(Probably the single Cave Story song that SM's soundfont best fits, to be honest; also, wait until the end for Heart Tank Get)

I still want to cover this song in MIDI some day...
For now, an arrangement of some other guy's "artistic liberty"-ridden transcription will have to do. Did some serious repairs to this one to try and make it fit the original song's general vibe and style. I think I did alright.

Sounds very Donkey Kong Land-like.

Spent some time playing the MediEvil remake finally, and I think my biggest complaint so far has been the artistic liberties taken with the Stained Glass Demon.

compare that with
MediEvil_-_Sir_Daniel_Fortesque_fighting_the_stained_glass_demon.jpg

the new SGD just ain't as inherently grotesque and weird, but in this case I feel like that's a bad thing. it's not as bad as resurrection's-- at the very least, they look like male and female members of the same species-- but like I feel like the spindly lithe form mixed with unholy power is more intimidating than big buff man, you expect him to have lotsa power

ALSO you can't spam the crossbow as fast as you used to-- hecking gay bruv

I feel like I remember some piece of media wherein some British guy made fun of how Americans pronounce R's as Arr's rather than Ahr's. But, like, I'm listening to "Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses, and for real, the thing THEY do where as a means of saving time when speaking they'll end up adding R's to words when there are two vowels in a row (e.g. "Drawing", or in this case, "messiah is"), that's probably worse, because it's not even replacing sounds, it's adding them to places they weren't before. Thing is, right, I actually find it quite charming and cute most of the time, and fun to replicate because it's so fluid, but for some reason that guy saying "the messiurris my sister" is really obnoxious to me.

That sounds good! I'd like to hear more covers/compositions with the Yoshi's Island soundfont in the future. The soundfont of that game feels, to me, like in between the classic Super Mario games and Wario Land, if you know what I mean. Which is what I think makes it so good.

By the way, do you think you can make a better version of the Das Boot cover I showed you? :imontoyou:
Here's the original for reference:

If you're going to do this, then plz leave out the vocals, I think it sounds better then. Or replace them with Yoshi sounds. Whatever you feel like.

Back