tahutoa:

• Waa

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Naa

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much more 80s-sounding can you get with the Super Metroid soundfont? (NOTE: the joke is both of the games featured in this remix being extremely overrated side-scrolling platformers from 1994, with Earthworm Jim being jokingly called "Game Of The Decade" while SM was actually a very legitimate contender; also, the fact that Buttville Part 2 just so happens to sound a LOT like SM's Brinstar themes in both tone and composition)

I made it compatible with GS, in addition to a couple of other little fixes. The drums are mostly the same I guess. The choices one can make there are abysmal, for real. (...) okay just got back from updating the drum kit to ACTUALLY be GS-compatible, and apparently the guy who made this is a dipshit because that "static" was a goddamn *open hi-hat*

Attachments

• SuperMetroid (GS).sf2
    470.1 KB · Views: 494
What does GS mean? Genesis?

Also, for the record, exactly copying the original (especially while removing several of its melodic variations) is probably not a good idea with a song like that one;

while I certainly did go extremely over-the-top with the way in which I composed my version, it was ultimately for the best IMO

(more importantly, I also sincerely hope you’re not insulting the drum usage in my version, because a rather huge part of the reason why I made that mix in the first place was to show off how much I could do with a proper, pitch-shiftable drum kit...which the default SF2 pack for the Super Metroid soundfont doesn’t actually have, much like its Wario Land 4 cousin)

Last edited:
What does GS mean? Genesis?

Also, for the record, exactly copying the original (especially while removing several of its melodic variations) is probably not a good idea with a song like that one;

while I certainly did go extremely over-the-top with the way in which I composed my version, it was ultimately for the best IMO

(more importantly, I also sincerely hope you’re not insulting the drum usage in my version, because a rather huge part of the reason why I made that mix in the first place was to show off how much I could do with a proper, pitch-shiftable drum kit...which the default SF2 pack for the Super Metroid soundfont doesn’t actually have, much like its Wario Land 4 cousin)
no insults intended, especially since I didn't even know you made one for Queen's Lair. Also GS stands for General System I think, and refers to the basic 128 MIDI programs.

also, mine wasn't intended to be a mashup sort of remix like yours, just a regular one.

Last edited:
VGA palette for GIMP

bob quest.png

"The Black Hole but it's dubbed with Half-Life SFX"

Finally been able to post it online, although the YT upload is not much more than a redirecting address. I'm just hoping that the Dailymotion link won't be so much of a deterrent as to make all potential viewers flee the scene.

Back