Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I only played it that one time, I dont own the game myslef. Would try again, Ill push for CMV to bring it with him again this summer : p

pokemon seems a lot like other JRPG's, turn based with weird random creatures.
*holds shield up*
It's really not the gameplay that makes it stand out it's the whole collecting part as well as being able to create teams to battle people as well as trading. Most other JRPGs have preset parties that don't allow for that sort of multiplayer.

I can understand why people would like pokemon games, and actually last one I played (black) I actually did get attached to my Oshowatt, and was like proud of how far he came and how much he grew : p But I do kinda feel the series is stale, like other than your pokemon theres not much to be excited for, and like how long can you really be that into raising pokemon? : p

Lost Kingdoms is kinda like pokemon, you use monsters to fight for you, you can level them up and evolve them and all that. But on top of that it has a story too, with characters and political intrigue and all that. Pokemon is kinda missing that : p Or at least Black felt that way.

After flooding the "Am I the only one who" thread with my own thoughts I'd thought I reformat my thought for use on a less active thread.

This opinion is unpopular because I'm sure no one else really even thinks about it but I have a fear that Nintendo might turn Toadette into a generic female Toad template.

I think the Sega Game Gear is an underrated console.
It was pretty large for a handheld console, even bigger than the Game Boy, which is already bulky. And the battery life, well...
But aside from that I think it is a good console with not as much games as Game Boy, but still some good games, even if many of them are just ports.

And don't forget the colour screen. The Game Gear had a backlit colour screen 7 years before the Gameboy Color and 13 years before the GBA SP introduced the backlit screen in Nintendo handhelds.

Zelda 1 is overrated.

I just don't get what's so fun about a game that's so cryptic. I had to use a guide to find some of the dungeons.

I don't think that the series started to get good till "A Link to The Past".
zelda 2 was good imo, but its like the developers forgot what made zelda, well, zelda.
also, i kinda like games that let you go with very little direction, and let you go do things in the manner you want.
the only problem is nonlinear games are known to be very difficult compared to most games simply because it doesnt boss you around, but it doesnt hold your hand either. and i dont blame you for getting lost either, i found the 8th dungeon on accident XD

Last edited:
Zelda 1 is overrated.

I just don't get what's so fun about a game that's so cryptic. I had to use a guide to find some of the dungeons.

I don't think that the series started to get good till "A Link to The Past".

LoZ 2 was good, have you tried that one? Other than that I agree with you though : p Dont care for the first LoZ at all : p

And haha the gamegear : p (wish this site had a multiquote button), we had one of those growing up, you could not play it for long at all before the thing died : p I remember really liking everything about it except for that : p I think the ridiculously short battery life ruins the console.

I really like the wiimote as a controller. I like being able to relax with my hands spread across my lap, not being stuck together, while Im playing a game >.> I dont think theres too much of a problem with button placement, unless the game developers made the 1 and 2 buttons a big part of the gameplay, and I like the way it feels in my hands : p I never got a classic controller because I never felt like I needed on : p

Oh but I gotta have the transparent rubber sleeve they came with, no one seemed to like them besides me though : p

Back