Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I think Super Mario 64 isn't even that good. I get that it was revolutionary and good for the time but it is very dated and revolutionary does not equal good and little things like the camera angles and the lackluster Bowser fights ruin it for me. I only ever play it for the music and i would rather play the DS version but i hate that it uses a D pad which makes me wonder why ocarina of time was on 3DS and SM64 was on DS but that is a tangent for another day. I would much rather play any other 3D mario game.

I think Super Mario 64 isn't even that good. I get that it was revolutionary and good for the time but it is very dated and revolutionary does not equal good and little things like the camera angles and the lackluster Bowser fights ruin it for me. I only ever play it for the music and i would rather play the DS version but i hate that it uses a D pad which makes me wonder why ocarina of time was on 3DS and SM64 was on DS but that is a tangent for another day. I would much rather play any other 3D mario game.
Glad I'm not the only one, I still think it's a good game but it bugs me how people go on how it's the "definitive 3D Mario". IMO, I think Sunshine and onward was much better. Let alone I can't STAND 64's camera, It's like the Lakitu cameraman is working against you.

Ironically I never had problems with the DS version's controls but that's just me, The inclusion of Wario, Yoshi and Luigi added some extra fun.

I don't mind Baby Mario's or any baby cry from the Yoshi's Island series. I hated Geno,he's too overrated. Mario & Luigi games are boring. Sonic 06 had the potential to be a good game at worst. I was okay with Pokemon Race existing. Pokemon Gen 1 is glitchy. Pokemon Ruby Sapphire and Emerald are horrible,you barely had any sense of direction and you often times had to use guides,or wonder around aimlessly. Paper Mario Color Splash,could be good as long as they at least have partners and a sense of adventure.

I like Gen 5 of Pokémon over Gen 4. They are just too slow for me

Especially since Gen 4 most of the pokemon you get were evo's or pre-evo's of existing pokemon. You'd be just as good as making a pre-evo of an exeggute and let it be one head.

I don' like Generation 1 of the pokemon games, I only like the concept and music but it is a technical piece of garbage, I'm always running into glitches. Thank Buddha it sold well because i love the series in general, That however is where my appreciation ends.

Yellow was pretty exciting when I first played it : p Was way fun. I can see how someone coming in later wouldnt like them so much though : p

I thought the uh invisibility hat in SM64 was a real bummer : p Like the first two were way exciting, flying hat, then metal hat. I remember being way excited to see what the third one would be, of course it would have to be the best one.

Surprise, its the ability to run through certain walls. How totally not disappointing at all : p

I dunno if thats an unpopular opinion, but it just came to mind : p

Did you play them when they were first released?
About a year after, I played because my cousin had blue, I did get Crystal during christmas of 2000 i only cared because i liked the anime and i LOVED crystal but not so much blue. I got yellow on the e shop and i still feel the same about the games.

Back