Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I think that it is logical to go with what'll make money but I also think women really haven't had many chances to be establish themselves to the same caliber as men.
That's the biz! Sorry - businesses aren't in it to make you feel good.

I asked you for proof that desexualization causes content to drop significantly in views. You still have not provided that. If you don't provide the same to me, I'm not gonna go through the effort to find a study. You're working by the same logic, just taken in a different way.

I'm saying that there'll still be enough appealing content for a majority of men to stay regardless of whether it has the fluff or not. You're assuming that people will automatically go "nope" and the views will drop so significantly that there's no way it could be salvaged. Compare the two and see which is more reasonable, because I think you need to reevaluate if you're gonna pull that card on me.

Again - the proof is that we're having this conversation. There wouldn't be sexualization if sexualization didn't make money. Why else would they show it on TV?
You're assuming that people will automatically go "nope" and the views will drop so significantly that there's no way it could be salvaged.
See above!

No, this conversation is not proof. Do not act like it is. This conversation is proof of different values and opinions, nothing else. Do not treat it as such, and do not use it as evidence if you're going to ask me for hard evidence.

"Too bad, so sad," does not work in a world of progression.

"Too bad, so sad," does not work in a world of progression.
It quite literally, objectively does, and your "progression" just seems to be... getting rid of something you don't like? If you don't believe me, feel free to tell whoever employs these chicks your view. I'm sure they'll agree, and reconsider the entire business!

I don't understand why you're so aggressively defending the status quo.
If participating in a discussion is a crime, then lock me up, officer!

apparently @Gorse won the award for most unpopular opinion.

i didnt bother to read the arguments, but obviously women and men arent given the same level and type of attention. but i have a feeling that will be reversed soon.

also, how did this unfold into 4 pages of discussion? 0.0

Considering I'm a lesbian and like sexy women, I don't quite think you quite seem to understand. This is not just "I don't like it," it's, "This has bad sociological effects, and sexualization is a very negative thing in the long run!"

Also, https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._vs_raw_wwe_and_sexualizing_female_wrestlers/

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/745...o-amore-talks-jordans-wwe-2k17-and-more-video

Considering these two bits of info, one being "less sexualized female wrestlers" and "Growing popularity of network with less sexualized female wrestlers," I have to wonder where your logic crumbles. And with that said, searching NXT female wrestlers has only two results for "sexy wrestlers" as compared to the majority of "sexy wwe female wrestlers."

I don't know dude, I don't think viewership is as much of an issue as you think it is.

"This has bad sociological effects, and sexualization is a very negative thing in the long run!"
Not the industry's problem (assuming it's true)!

I don't know dude, I don't think viewership is as much of an issue as you think it is.
There's a world of difference between some folks on Reddit talking and the viewership of a channel or group of channels! Viewership is a very objective thing.

You keep dodging the question: If it isn't in the industry's best interest to sexualize, why are they doing it?

I like SML1's music better than SML2's, it just felt more memorable especially Muda Kingdom's tune. Still mad love for SML2 and the creation of Wario wooh!

You ignored the article stating that NXT Takeover (with an official source in it, at that.) within just THIS MONTH has had the biggest success NXT Takeover had EVER. The reddit link was an explanation of how the female wrestlers aren't as sexualized compared to WWE's, and a show of support for NXT's female wrestlers.

Yeah, and the grocery store I run out of a cardboard box just had the most successful month it's ever had, too - a whole eight dollars! See you, Wal-mart! I'm getting a ton of support on r/grocery - frankly, this is going to change the grocery store industry.

Well gosh, a smug dismissal and an appeal to the userbase? Looks like I've struck out! I think I'll go watch some female wrestling - I hear there's a new girl with boobs the size of her head! Yow!

Back