I was hoping for a new Wario Land game for the Switch but I'm actually fine with WarioWare Gold for 3DS since it's a real WarioWare game unlike Game & Wario.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and say this about the new artystyle
I have very mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, I like that it's not an exact copy of Rhythm Heaven's artstyle like G&W
and it has it's own style again, (And characters like 9-Volt look very cute) but on the other hand.
DXzFWvIUQAAcIID.jpg

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I really don't care for how Wario looks here
It's not bad or anything and I know I should be grateful that we're even getting a new Wario title to begin with (Which I am very much so.), but something about him here just looks off and weird looking. Hopefully as time goes by though, I'll grow on me and I am still very excited for the new game neithertheless.

On one hand, I like that it's not an exact copy of Rhythm Heaven's artstyle like G&W
and it has it's own style again, (And characters like 9-Volt look very cute) but on the other hand.
View attachment 6401
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It's not bad or anything and I know I should be grateful that we're even getting a new Wario title to begin with (Which I am very much so.), but something about him here just looks so off and weird looking.
Hopefully as time goes by, I'll grow on me though.

He's a bit on the pale side. And those helmet goggles don't look right.

View attachment 6401
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It's not bad or anything and I know I should be grateful that we're even getting a new Wario title to begin with (Which I am very much so.), but something about him here just looks so off and weird looking.
Hopefully as time goes by, I'll grow on me, because I'm not exactly digging it right now honestly.

upload_2018-3-8_15-44-59.png

Robert's got a quick hand
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid
Yeah found a six shooter gun
In his dad's closet hidden oh in a box of fun things, I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you

I do find the art is a bit too cute and rounded. The character stories in previous games may have been always a bit on the cute and childish sites but the series until G&W very much had a irreverant, subversive edge to it. I hope they ultimately don't forget that.

Haha cool, new Wario game! :love:
At first, the August wait time seemed a bit much, but I have plenty of other games to get through first.

Oh yeah and for the first time ever
It's apparently gonna have full voice acting
and the Japanese direct has a bit of it in play

(Plays at the 42 second mark.)
I'll just say this right now, after hearing Charles Martinet voicing Wario for so long
It's so weird hearing Wario with a Japanese voice after so long.

Saw someone mention it on Tumblr, but didn't see a source anywhere, that's really neat.

I think it's safe to say that Martinet will be back as Wario once again in western releases, which makes me wonder how things are going to be for the rest of the cast.

Back