My reply was tongue in cheek but unless you're familiar with Japanese music I guess you wouldn't have caught that.

I also guess your localizers were just too lazy to translate it.

My reply was tongue in cheek but unless you're familiar with Japanese music I guess you wouldn't have caught that.

I also guess your localizers were just too lazy to translate it.
Well, at least it's not the Rhythm Heaven Megamix translation. "Let's we go, amigo!"

I'm not too crazy about quizzes that give away what kind of answer they lean towards like "would you rather scam your friends out of money or be chased by police while having animal friends throw bananas at the police" but oh well gave it a shot anyway.

I got Wario and 9-Volt.

I'm not too crazy about quizzes that give away what kind of answer they lean towards like "would you rather scam your friends out of money or be chased by police while having animal friends throw bananas at the police" but oh well gave it a shot anyway.

I got Wario and 9-Volt.
They might as well just let you pick your own outcome from the start on quizzes like that.

Did you know?
In the microgame from Twisted called Manual Labor...
Manual_Labor.PNG

If you get three of the same type of creature in a row, you get a "Combo!" text on screen and it plays a little jingle.
They did not put that in in the remake.
Sometimes I feel like I know more about these games than the developers.

Last edited:
Why the heck did they change "Toilet training" to be about sorting people who need to piss and shit instead of guys and gals? SXD
In what universe are there seperate bathrooms for piss and shit? This raises so many questions! SXD
Do they like... only have urinals in the piss bathroom and only toilet bowls in the shit one? SXD Then what do the women use when they need to piss? Are they just all expected to pee standing up? Or do they have urinals as well as toilet bowls in the piss room? But if that's the case, what's the point of seperating them at all?
And what if someone needs to piss AND shit? Why wouldn't they just always go into the shit bathroom then? This is so pointless. SXD

The original was definitely more intuitive as well. When I first played the new one I had no idea what I was sorting.

Also... is this some sort of political statement on gendered bathrooms? :S3:

Why the heck did they change "Toilet training" to be about sorting people who need to piss and shit instead of guys and gals? SXD
In what universe are there seperate bathrooms for piss and shit? This raises so many questions! SXD
Do they like... only have urinals in the piss bathroom and only toilet bowls in the shit one? SXD Then what do the women use when they need to piss? Are they just all expected to pee standing up? Or do they have urinals as well as toilet bowls in the piss room? But if that's the case, what's the point of seperating them at all?
And what if someone needs to piss AND shit? Why wouldn't they just always go into the shit bathroom then? This is so pointless. SXD

The original was definitely more intuitive as well. When I first played the new one I had no idea what I was sorting.

We need to go deeper.

We need to go deeper.
Ok. :sgrin:

Here's what I wrote in a Youtube comment about the situation. :S;P: Less the lore part and more the game design part.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of a game designer.

That stage was full of really weird design choices, ones that really didn't need to be made, since the original worked so well. The different art style is fine. I don't really care about that. But the change in toilet seperation is just unintuitive.
WarioWare is all about making things as intuitive as possible. I don't think this change helped that.

Everyone is familiar with bathrooms for men and women. So you immediately understand what's going on in the original.
Blue is associated with men, pink with women. Simple.

But when you're playing the new one for the first time it's not sorted by male and female, it's by piss and shit.
I dunno about you, but I had to do a double take when I saw that. It's just such a weird decision, even if you ignore the in-universe implications.

So I had to take a moment to think about this, just to make sure I'm doing things right.
The piss side was represented by a Manneken Pis statue (which isn't even pissing), and the shit side was represented by the Thinker (sitting on a stump or something, not a toilet).
That doesn't make it immeditely obvious. You could also interpret that as meaning left is for children and right is adults. Or that left is for peeing standing up and right is for peeing sitting down.
The color coding didn't help either. For some reason the shit side is yellow.
Why wasn't the piss side yellow? Why was piss blue? Blue is the color of water maybe, which is close to piss, I guess? ...but then how does yellow connect to shit?
Why not make piss yellow and shit brown? Would that be too gross?
Well tough shit! Either go big or go home!

Sure, there's still the color coding of the clothes if you don't know how to sort them, but why make it more complicated than it needs to be?
It doesn't even really make sense that the pooping people just HAPPENED to be wearing yellow clothes and the pissing people just HAPPENED to be wearing blue. As if they could predict what kind of business they'd have to make that day, in that moment.

It makes more sense that guys would be wearing blue and girls would be wearing pink. It's a cliché, sure, but that's what makes it easy to understand.

Technically they could've just drawn a pile of shit on the one sign and some yellow droplets on the other, but I guess they didn't wanna make it that "explicit" (even though there's already a ton of shit in the game).
If you're not gonna make it obvious, why do it at all?
This isn't the time for a subtle visual gag. They should've put that into the background of another game or something, where you don't need to comprehend what's going on right away.

You might say "Come on, it's not THAT hard to understand!" but you'd be surprised how many people have trouble interpreting stuff like this in a hurry. I've seen people struggle with very simple microgames just because something wasn't 100% obvious.
And if they're on their last life and they make a mistake because they didn't interpret something right, so they lose and have to start the whole stage over again,... that sucks.
Maybe they don't realize the people are wearing color coded clothes (You can't even see the other people's clothes when they're sitting down).
Or maybe they just assume that you're supposed to sort by gender (since that's how bathrooms are usually set up) so they look at the people's hair instead. The original game's design made it fool proof. And that's what game design is about.

YES, I CAN WRITE MULTIPLE PARAGRAPHS ABOUT A PISS'N'SHIT MINIGAME! WHAT ABOUT IT? XD
This isn't just about a silly minigame, this is about the spirit of game design, goddamnit! ;P It's not about accepting a weird fictional world, it's about connecting the dots in your mind.

Hasn't WarioWare as whole raised questions like this before? Not like there were microgames, where you destroy Mars, Shave the Earth or use Pissing boy's Statue to douse the fire, or anything. Those can give you theories too.

Also, your hate to this game starts scaring me. Stop!SXD

¨I like to call it SHISST!¨

Also, your hate to this game starts scaring me. Stop!SXD

He's not hating it, he's just giving criticism.

Yeah, I don't hate this boss stage, it just baffles me. :STongue:

Like... what where they thinking? Why would they make it so needlessly complicated when the original worked so well? Why confuse people like this, when WarioWare is all about making things simple and intuitive?

If they HAVE to go with the Shisst idea, couldn't they at least make it obvious?

In fact... :SHmm:

There! I fixed it!
1534627746527.png

At least a little bit.

Back