Maybe if the game sells well. I'm really curious to see the answer to that since so far, I have yet to really get an idea as to how well the games has done.

It has done better than some other late 3DS releases while being a much cheaper game to make, and it'll probably be profitable when all things are said and done. But it,s not doing great.

It has done better than some other late 3DS releases while being a much cheaper game to make, and it'll probably be profitable when all things are said and done. But it,s not doing great.
Well, I suppose that's as much as one could hope for.

This is really bad.

We probably aren't gonna get another Warioware or Wario title in a while because people are dumb and for some reason don't appreciate Wario's greatness.

This is really bad.

We probably aren't gonna get another Warioware or Wario title in a while because people are dumb and for some reason don't appreciate Wario's greatness.

as I've been damage controlling on the tubes, the results aren't great, but I'm sure Nintendo is aware of the poor 3DS market and I'm sure the game will ultimately profitable due to the very small staff and large proportion of recycled content. I don't think it'll doom development on a Switch entry at least.

also worth pointing out the game launched two weeks before a major japanese sales holiday so we'll have to see if it has legs (I still recommend going through the five stages of grief just in case ツ )

I kind of wanted to say that Smooth Moves was released early in the Wii's lifespan but I guess that doesn't change anything.

In this case, it absolutely does! WarioWare is a series whose fanbase very much skews more casual and thus a dying platform is not a good market for it, especially when even quote-unquote hardcore players are not buying games for the thing - because they have a big, fancy Nintendo tablet they'd rather play games on. (Incidentally this is why the "BUT THERE ARE MILLION OF 3DSE OUT THERE" argument is bunk. If install base was the only thing that mattered, everybody would still be making games for the PS1)

If Gold had been released on the Switch instead, it would've done triple of its launch sales, ez.

This game would've been a big success 2-3 years earlier. I really like the game being on the 3DS.
It wouldn't have worked on the Switch, because of the two screen and gyro games (have fun twisting the huge switch around). I'd rather have a completely new WarioWare on Switch.

The poor marketing didn't help either.
They started advertising the game way too late and probably way too little.
I've heard people say they didn't even know the game was coming out.
And if I hadn't been actively looking for information on it, I may not have known either!

The poor marketing didn't help either.
They started advertising the game way too late and probably way too little.
I've heard people say they didn't even know the game was coming out.
And if I hadn't been actively looking for information on it, I may not have known either!

In the west, probably, but in Japan the game actually got a decent marketing push with store stationery and frequently-airing TV commercials.

Not gonna lie, I always liked Young Cricket, but got why many found him underwhelming and I really enjoy what this game did with him and Master Mantis, by establishing them as the kind of guys who will do something as mundane as go to an amusement park and unironically treat it as some kind of fierce and deadly training.

I feel that's a kind of quirk that he was missing, to make him stand out for most.

Not gonna lie, I always liked Young Cricket, but got why many found him underwhelming and I really enjoy what this game did with him and Master Mantis, by establishing them as the kind of guys who will do something as mundane as go to an amusement park and unironically treat it as some kind of fierce and deadly training.

I feel that's a kind of quirk that he was missing, to make him stand out for most.

Agreed. Honestly, I thought their story was probably the most hilarious one in the game, and it definitely made me like them more than in Smooth Moves or Game & Wario or what not.

As for the game's sales? Well I guess it did better than Game & Wario and WarioWare Snapped, so that's one thing. And yes, it probably lost some sales by being on the 3DS at this point rather than the Switch.

But honestly, I have faith that Nintendo won't assume this means the series is dead/can't sell. They know full well how poorly games on a dying system do, having seen a Zelda game kinda flop (Skyward Sword) for similar reasons, and having seen franchises like Mario Tennis and Paper Mario do terrible on the Wii U. If they were willing to give Mario Tennis a chances after Ultra Smash (and saw Aces do well as a result), then they'll likely give WarioWare one after Gold.

Relax.

I feel like they got a bit of a better scenario this time around but there's another thing that made me chuckle a little. Young Cricket's voice, while well done and fitting, sounded very generic to me and it just made me chuckle considering what the general consensus on him has historically been.

Holy fucking shit how the hell is anyone supposed to get that 100 Meter Dash Challenge? It's not humanly possible!
I tried doing it on the Dribble challenge by slowing down time, but seems to just make it worse....
Has anyone of you gotten it?
If so, HOW?

Holy fucking shit how the hell is anyone supposed to get that 100 Meter Dash Challenge? It's not humanly possible!
I tried doing it on the Dribble challenge by slowing down time, but seems to just make it worse....
Has anyone of you gotten it?
If so, HOW?
I did it by having my pointer finger on the A button and mashing as fast as I possibly could, since my thumb doesn't mash as fast. I went to the index and did it because for whatever reason, it works better when the microgame is on its faster speeds.

I did it by having my pointer finger on the A button and mashing as fast as I possibly could, since my thumb doesn't mash as fast. I went to the index and did it because for whatever reason, it works better when the microgame is on its faster speeds.
What the heck? You're right, it IS easier on higher speeds. What the hell?
Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Back