I love the alarm clocks. Even if they could've been spaces for more interesting souvenirs, they're still pretty cool. I've already used the Wario one. I can remember having to close my eyes whenever I saw "The Chauffer" because I was too scared of the person in Code Dependency haha. It seems as if most of the returning games were made easier, sadly, but the boss stages make up for it. Gosh darn do I hate Kat & Ana's and Orbulon's boss stages...

Also, already got my first three digit highscore, with exactly 100 points on
Wario Deluxe

That's the fastest I ever pulled that off on a new Ware game, that's the power of pure hype right there.
it probably helped that that set starts off super slow heehee

This one is almost broken on the 3DS. The recognition is crap. There have been tons of times where I drew th character perfectly well but for some reason it didn't accept it.
I don't mind that there's no longer the shadow that you can just trace, but then the recognition has to make up for that!
Write_On%2C_Dude.png

Can y'all think of any other that have become more difficult?
kantandesune.png

It will be a pain to everyone.
It is difficult for Japanese people to write kanji well.
It's not just overseas people.

Some microgames have become more difficult that they were originally.
Like this one:
HeadsUp_WWIMM.PNG

It's much harder to judge where the ball is gonna go in the new one, for some reason.

This one is almost broken on the 3DS. The recognition is crap. There have been tons of times where I drew the character perfectly well but for some reason it didn't accept it.
I don't mind that there's no longer the shadow that you can just trace, but then the recognition has to make up for that!
Write_On%2C_Dude.png

Can y'all think of any other that have become more difficult?
The tracing one has ruined so many of my runs. I miss having the shadow, because the game wants you to draw it in the center of the page but doesn't actually show it until you lose.

Something I'm really glad they did is that you can now encounter new microgames during mixes too.
You no longer have to play the original stages to see them all.
So if you haven't seen one of, say, Crygor's games yet, you can also see it in the Disco mix.
That was a good choice.
It prevents you from missing many microgames if you don't think to replay old stages a lot.

For the people who complains about Wario Deluxe transformation, remember that Wario Land used pots to transform Wario.
I always thought they had like... magic potions inside of them that Wario drinks. They do look more like bottles than "pots".
1533727491149.png

I find Wario Deluxe just a bit off and unoriginal, but no hate. It just felt strangely underwhelming when he revealed himself. Not bad but could've been much better.

Just wanted to bring this up; you know how Wario's amiibo sketch has you use, well, amiibo?

Decided to try a non-amiibo figure, just to see what would happen. Used my Crash Bandicoot Skylanders figure as a test. Wario actually has dialogue if you attempt it. Memory's a bit shot, but he actually has some dialogue about how this isn't an amiibo and he has standards. Not much, but I felt like sharing.

Just wanted to bring this up; you know how Wario's amiibo sketch has you use, well, amiibo?

Decided to try a non-amiibo figure, just to see what would happen. Used my Crash Bandicoot Skylanders figure as a test. Wario actually has dialogue if you attempt it. Memory's a bit shot, but he actually has some dialogue about how this isn't an amiibo and he has standards. Not much, but I felt like sharing.

You've got to get a video of that or something.

its probably been mentioned but the less popular amiibos like shovel knight don't actually make Wario paint a character, just some weird scribble art

That's disappointing. Though not too unexpected I guess.

That said, think they'll ever 'update' this for the new Smash Bros amiibos or what not? It'd be fun to see him paint K Rool or Simon Belmont.

That's disappointing. Though not too unexpected I guess.

That said, think they'll ever 'update' this for the new Smash Bros amiibos or what not? It'd be fun to see him paint K Rool or Simon Belmont.
Maybe if the game sells well. I'm really curious to see the answer to that since so far, I have yet to really get an idea as to how well the games has done.

Back