I mean wouldn't it be cool if when you record lines for Mike, if it put the same filter over your voice as well?
They didn't put the effort in to give the actual VA a filter, why would they do it for the player dubbing? WarioWare has had a voice cast for over 10 years now. Why would they just throw that away?

They didn't put the effort in to give the actual VA a filter, why would they do it for the player dubbing? WarioWare has had a voice cast for over 10 years now. Why would they just throw that away?
Does anybody know what the original voice actors' first languages are?
Cuz while they all speak english words, they might not be from america.
And yeah, I have no idea why they didn't use the original VAs. Maybe they all happened to be busy at the game time? ¯\_( :/ )_/¯

To be fair, Mike's voice only had a filter in his actual song (when he's singing), and not after you completed a microgame (when he's talking) in Touched. Ashley's new VA also sounds very nice, I'm not complaining, but I'm going to miss her original voice actor.

To be fair, Mike's voice only had a filter in his actual song (when he's singing), and not after you completed a microgame (when he's talking) in Touched. Ashley's new VA also sounds very nice, I'm not complaining, but I'm going to miss her original voice actor.
I dunno, it kinda sounds like there was at least a bit of a filter on it.
Even if there wasn't, at least his voice didn't sound like someone doing a generic robot impression.

By the way, Mike sounds very familiar... wasn't his voice actor in Futurama?

WarioWare has had a voice cast for over 10 years now. Why would they just throw that away?

A few years back, fired Treehouse employee Chris Pranger went on a podcast and among other things, said Ashley's casting was problematic because, basically, they picked a random treehouse employee to voice ashley because they didn't expect her to become a recurring character or warioware to continue as a series and it caused problems for future games because they'd need to take out that poor woman out of whatever she was doing to record new lines for ashley. So I assume not having to disrupt Treehouse's workflow (especially since Gold is far more dialogue-heavy) is probably a big reason why

That, and the fact Literally Everyone was voiced by random employees of the marketing department before, who may sound fine for quick clips but probably sound embarassing on proper dialogue

A few years back, fired Treehouse employee Chris Pranger went on a podcast and among other things, said Ashley's casting was problematic because, basically, they picked a random treehouse employee to voice ashley because they didn't expect her to become a recurring character or warioware to continue as a series and it caused problems for future games because they'd need to take out that poor woman out of whatever she was doing to record new lines for ashley. So I assume not having to disrupt Treehouse's workflow (especially since Gold is far more dialogue-heavy) is probably a big reason why

That, and the fact Literally Everyone was voiced by random employees of the marketing department before, who may sound fine for quick clips but probably sound embarassing on proper dialogue
Huh. Well, I guess I'll just get used to a dub anime-tier voice cast now, then. Not like they're changing her personality or something.

For something like Warioware I don't mind if the voice actors aren't the same people... as long as they don't sound completely different.
For example, in the japanese version, Spitz has a much deeper voice than his older voice clips would've suggested. And Jimmy sounds kinda doofy instead of smooth and cool.
That "Ooooh yeahhhh" from the trailer was just weird...
Spitz should've gotten a voice like Waddle Doo from the japanese Hoshi no Kaabii dub. I.e. shrill and high-pitched. Like a cat.
I really hope Crygor has a deep voice at least.
And Dribble needs a deep and gruff voice as well.

The Wario voice from Spain is made by the dude who voiced Kowalski from the Penguins of Madagascar. My brother said: Hm... That voice sounds familiar, he did a research and it was him.

But It doesn't sounds bad, I was expecting someone making a bad impression of the Charles' Wario voice.

I'm honestly surprised by 5-Volt's voice because I didn't expect her to sound so cutesy and innocent. After Game & Wario, it's so weird seeing her be a normal (for this series anyway) person.

Been listening in a little, don't know what I would have expected Red to sound like but the voice he has is alright.

Ashley sounds pretty great actually, glad they didn't go for a overly cutesy moeblob voice.

Kat and Ana sound more their age now, Mike is fine, even if he could have used a filter and 5-Volt sounds pretty cute.

Can't say I find any of the english voices so far objectionable.

Most of the voice acting here is actually pretty good IMO.
In fact, it's in ways, better then I have expected, They generally fit the characters shown well.
I will admit, I'm gonna miss the original voice actors and I can understand why some here are more critical towards them, it's hard to get used to new voices after being so used to the old ones for awhile as they've been voicing these characters for a while now.

But I like these voices so far and I and I hope the others sound good as well.

Last edited:
I'm going go out on a limb here and say that I dislike Ashley's voice. The tone and acting itself is fine but it just sounds too old to me. Especially with the fact that Ashley looks more like a small child than ever.

Also, she sounds like a less creepy Tharja though I'm not sure if I'd say if that's a plus or minus.

Everyone else sounds fine I suppose. The acting itself is good but I guess it's just weird hearing these voices when for the longest time all we had were small voice clips.

Back