Appreciation and Discussion Thread for the Ware characters (outside of Ashley)

I'm really fucking happy right now, we are actually going to play a game featuring the whole Ware cast again, thanks to the localization of The Best Plus!

I'm so giddy right now it's unbelievable!

Some might remember this from Wario World :
2ilc9qb.jpg

sepyj6.jpg

2u8i7au.jpg

vq1wg4.jpg

I am aware that these are pretty minor cameos, since they are only there for you to choose your unlocked WarioWare samples, but I still can't help but go up to them and grin every time I play World, I think it's the sheer novelty of having these characters in any capacity in a Wario plattformer that really does it for me.

Anyone remember this :

It's neat that they actually went and gave some of the characters a bit of animated screentime, it's a small but interesting taste of the Ware crew entering the world of television in some fashion also, multiple Orbulons, WTF?.

Last edited:
You ever tried playing wario ware twisted on the gba player for GC? The most challenging thing ever. Challenging like watching this awkward twisted commercial.

I never did, althought I couldn't imagine it playing well at all. That would make for an interesting thread in it's own right thought.....excuse me for a sec.

You know who doesn't get enough love? the ayy lmao orbulon, personally I find his minigames the most interesting. Since it has more to do on memory matching and skills rather than speed like most other minigames. His design is also iconic the grey alien, you can see his shades and know who or what he is without needing to think it stands out.

Yeah, Orbulon is very overlooked, I also like how his microgames tend to bring something unique to the table, like them lasting longer in order to allow for games that rely more on concentration and thinking or his games being the only ones to use the nunchuk, it fits with the alien motif to give him something like that and distinguish his games from the ones of the earthlings.

Since we were talking about Mario Sports games yesterday, I started to think about what kind of Skill types and Mario Kart weight classes would apply to the main Ware cast, here is what I came up.

Light
9-Volt
Kat
Ana
Spitz
Orbulon

Middle
Mona
Jimmy
Dr Crygor
Penny
Young Cricket

Heavy
Dribble
18-Volt
Mike

All-Around
Mona
Jimmy

Skill/Technique
Orbulon
Penny
Young Cricket

Power
Dr Crygor
Dribble
18-Volt

Speed
9-Volt
Kat
Ana
Spitz

I'd say that's about right, Orbulon could fit into either light or middle weight, due to his inconsistend size and I see Mike more as a heavy weight due to him being a robot and all.

I'm pretty confident about the skill types, but am very undecided on what Mike would be, outside of speed I can see him being any of the other three, to varying degrees.

So yeah, any other ideas and suggestions?

Mike as a robot seems to fit in with the heavys like Dribble and 18-volt. His size like Orbulon seems to be inconsistent as well, however in smooth moves he's shown to be much larger than Crygor, so maybe he's only a bit shorter than the other two heavy class set characters you've posted. Mike would definitely fit as a heavy class.

Yeah, that makes sense, I'm still not sure about the other skill type thought, I'd like to say that being a robot would also qualify for power, but I actually see him more as All-Around/Skill kind of character.

Back