Are all of the Ashley appearences leading up to something?

Exactly that, my friend. Exactly that.

for what it's worth (i think it was around Pikmin 3's release???), I remember reading an article where some nintendo rep talked about they want to publicize their female characters and do stuff involving them. you talk about rosalina, but i see that bitch from animal crossing getting a lot of exposure.
Now that you mention it, this really has become a growing trend lately, hasn't it? But when did they publicly state this?

The characters/games that I can name off the top of my head are:
-Peach & Rosalina in 3D World
-Zelda in Hyrule Warriors (in a spin-off, as expected)
-Brittany in Pikmin 3
-Dixie Kong in DKC Tropical Freeze
-Isabelle in AC: New Leaf (if this counts?)
-More of them in Smash Bros. (compared to Brawl and back)

Meanwhile, Samus, Krystal, and Adeliene Ribbon are crying in a corner somewhere.

looks like this is what I was thinking of

Wouldn't that be a great reason to promote Wario Land and WarioWare more?

The former has Captain Syrup, among others (Princess Shokora, the Golden Diva, Terrormisu). The latter not only has Ashley, but also Mona, Kat, Ana and Penny Crygor. What other female characters do you need?

Heck, give us playable Captain Syrup already!

This though.
It's easy to think of Nintendo as the kindly uncle who's not quite with us in the real world, but this was a smart little move. Whether it'll pay off is another matter, but I can certainly dig where it's going.

This though.

More like the grandparents who grew up in about 1950 or so and haven't realised times have moved on since then. You still like and admire them, you just wish they'd realise that colour television had been invented and the world doesn't still resemble Pleasantville.

More like the grandparents who grew up in about 1950 or so and haven't realised times have moved on since then. You still like and admire them, you just wish they'd realise that colour television had been invented and the world doesn't still resemble Pleasantville.
Oh come on man, that's just wrong... the NES, Gameboy, Virtual Boy and Wii were all pretty revolutionary, and even Amiibo isn't all too far behind.

Oh come on man, that's just wrong... the NES, Gameboy, Virtual Boy and Wii were all pretty revolutionary, and even Amiibo isn't all too far behind.

Note the age of the first two.

The Wii was successful, but perhaps at the expense of their original audience. In the UK, it was also most definitely a fad with no lasting appeal.

And Amiibo? It may be successful where you are, but it's still mostly selling to Nintendo's existing fans.

Note the age of the first two.

The Wii was successful, but perhaps at the expense of their original audience. In the UK, it was also most definitely a fad with no lasting appeal.

And Amiibo? It may be successful where you are, but it's still mostly selling to Nintendo's existing fans.
Yes, but look at what you compared them to.
Nintendo's really trying to keep up, and they're doing quite well. It's not like the NX will be a 32-bit console or something.

Problem is, Nintendo's 'revolutionary' is often at the expense of actual modern technology. Or thrown in because they have a scary aversion to anything 'normal'.

Hey they are ahead of the times. :p

This thread makes me feel like a bad person for Ashley being my favorite WarioWare/Nintendo character.

I won't chide people for expressing their honest, unfiltered opinions, but man, discussions about warioware can be buzzkill sometimes. Like, I'm super-happy my favourite character isn't dissapearing in the dead franchise void like I thought she would and

"why do people like her"

"why her. why not 9-volt"

"something something pedophiles"

:s

But whatever. I'm thin-skinned.

I'm sorry that this thread has turned into such a disaster, it would have probably been better if I never started it...

I will just say that I'm very happy for every Ashley fan that she will stick around and while she may not be my number one favorite Ware character, I do still like her a lot and if Ware has truly bit the dust it's atleast nice to know that someone from the series will survive.

Back